View Single Post
Old 03-27-2018, 11:17 PM   #14 (permalink)
hayden55
Master EcoModder

Sport Utility Prius - '10 Toyota Prius II
90 day: 52.98 mpg (US)

300k Sequoia 4WD - '01 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4wd
90 day: 20.19 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDevil View Post
Oh, we pay about 12.5 eurocents ($0.16?) tax on every kWh we get from the grid.
That alone makes PV panels worthwhile, if optimally positioned.

Sadly, we don't get a tax revenue when we overproduce. So it makes little sense to go bigger than home use.
Which is another stimulating factor for EV's here... Causing more use, therefore allowing for bigger and more efficient PV installations. That, and gas being more expensive than beer by volume.
Oh yeah I forgot you're the guy from Europe. Yeah it sucks your sun output there is terrible, but yeah I would do whatever to avoid the crap prices on energy you guys have over there! *cringe face*
Sadly our area doesn't buy back excess energy either with makes implementation even harder! I've honestly never heard of an area in my region that does.
It would be easy to implement a little solar charging station for an EV though since you don't have to calculate on crazy off the wall power usage all day like a house normally sees. (plug in at the same times, uses about the same energy per day).