View Single Post
Old 03-29-2018, 06:03 PM   #17 (permalink)
jcp123
Just cruisin’ along

Beater Echo - '00 Toyota Echo
90 day: 42.67 mpg (US)

Hondizzle - '97 Honda Civic DX
Team Honda
90 day: 46.55 mpg (US)

Shaggin Waggin - '14 Chrysler Town + Country
90 day: 22.56 mpg (US)
I'll list chronologically.

2000 Ford Focus ZTS. Not a bad little car, actually, but was having problems before 20,000mi.

'68 Mustang with a mild 302. Perhaps the second most reliable car I've ever had. I regret the modifications I added.

1992 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer. Great, comfortable seats and the kind of old-school 4x4 they just don't make anymore. Was rare in having manual transfer case and hubs.

'99 Dodge conversion van. 5.9 Magnum and every 20-something's dream: a bed in the back and blinds on the windows. Plus a tv and vcr.

'06 Ford Focus SVT. Shoulda learned my lesson the first time...a neat little car which was too unreliable to live with. I might still have this one otherwise.

'67 Mustang convertible. My Pa and I restored this together when I was in high school. Pretty car and won over a dozen trophies. Sadly, it was markedly less reliable than my former Mustang.

'00 Toyota Echo. At first, I dreaded driving this car because my expectations were dismal. It quickly infected me with its plucky engine, soft ride, good space efficiency, and the fact that it was both efficient and the most reliable car over ever owned, even though it had had the living daylights beat out of it.

'97 Civic DX Coupe. I got rid of the Echo on a bit of a pretense, but I wanted/needed a beater car for the way I use cars. Really good mechanicals on this thing, but it's cramped and reliability isn't working out the way I wanted it to. Great efficiency though, and fun to drive.

'97 Honda Civic DX Coupe 5MT - dead 2/23
'00 Echo - dead 2/17
'14 Chrysler Town + Country - My DD, for now
'67 Mustang Convertible - gone 1/17