View Single Post
Old 03-30-2018, 10:35 AM   #217 (permalink)
cowmeat
Master EcoModder

Princess Carriage - '20 Ford Explorer Limited

Silver - '22 Ford Maverick Hybrid XLT w/tow pkg
Maverick Hybrids
90 day: 41.3 mpg (US)
Number one, make them fully charge it before you go to test drive it. You're going to need to see how that battery fares since it's out of warranty

Drive it long and hard on the test drive and see how the battery reacts (drive it like you stole it like you would if you were getting another Insight). If it pops up any messages like "battery too cold/plug in to warm" I'd walk away. I think the older ones require a partial pack to full pack change if a battery temp sensor goes bad, and that'll be more than the price of the car since it's out of warranty

I think the 2013 has the "hold" feature, I'd test it and see how well it runs/charges with the ICE running.

Other than that it's just like any other car, where if you get a bad feeling walk away, and if all goes well you'll get an awesome second vehicle which has way less maintenance than a regular car.

And lastly I would lowball them hard (like I'd offer 5 grand and meet them somewhere in the middle) since it's got 100k on the clock and used Volts are sitting on lots long enough right now to make the dealers want to get them out of there. Most dealers (even Chevy) don't want to hassle with them cause they know nothing about them

BTW - I filled up at the first of January and had the oil changed at the same time, mine is still sitting at almost a full tank and 99% oil life after about 3800 miles

The Following User Says Thank You to cowmeat For This Useful Post:
Ecky (03-30-2018)