View Single Post
Old 04-03-2018, 02:36 PM   #14 (permalink)
brucepick
OCD Master EcoModder

Outasight - '00 Honda Insight
Team Honda
Gen-1 Insights
90 day: 54.18 mpg (US)
I'm afraid the lenghwise runners - to force the panel down below the exhaust near the center line - would probably becomes a case of what my Dad called in Yiddish "tzimmes machen". Basically, it indicates a huge amount of highly detailed work or analysis, to the point where you can't tolerate doing it. I'm leaning towards flat panels with simple cutouts for the exhaust low points.

The rails to drop the panels' center line would create their own protrusion, and would require a good bit of effort to fasten the rails to the underbody and then to fasten the panels securely to the rail. I think T-nuts would work with something like a 2x2 (which is actually smaller than 1-1/2" square), but it would still be a pain to build.

Tzimmes is a Jewish baked sweet dish. Lots of cutting and a two-stage cooking process. Typical recipes could include some or all of these: carrots, raisins, plums, celery, onion, potatoes, sweet potatoes. All of these cut up into small bits and stewed together, with sweeteners such as cinnamon, honey, brown sugar. After stewing, bake in a pan. Not a quick process, usually.
The Following User Says Thank You to brucepick For This Useful Post:
Ecky (04-03-2018)