View Single Post
Old 04-04-2018, 01:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,390 Times in 3,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daschicken View Post
CRTs also give off lots of EMF, which leads to cancer.
There is no evidence to substantiate that claim, meaning there is no statistical health significance between high levels of CRT exposure and a control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Darc View Post
I don't uinderstand why people accept be made of fools, and there is no long CRT for sale. It's a holocaust of video entertainment. They finished it and replaced with garbage.
I can't understand why this holocaust of dynamic range and holocaust of natural degrade happened without people complain.
Because it used to cost $600 on sale to get 19" of VGA viewing. The display would take forever to turn on, consume a lot of electricity, and when you finally did want to get rid of the thing, you had to pay an extra disposal fee.

I've got 2x 24" monitors that take up no desk space, very little electricity, and look good enough to do my work, and they cost $100 each.

You can get OLED displays with excellent dynamic range, but those cost a lot still.

My main TV is still a plasma from 8 years ago. I'll probably skip LCD and go straight to OLED once they come down in price. Either that, or TVs will go away and VR will replace it.

Eventually visual signals will be produced directly in the optic nerve without any screen or light source. This could approach the resolution and refresh capabilities of the brain.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

Last edited by redpoint5; 04-04-2018 at 01:29 AM..