View Single Post
Old 04-04-2018, 04:47 PM   #24 (permalink)
All Darc
Banned

I saw 10.000:1 ratio and 1000.000:1 ratio for contrast, and see little difference. They have shinning blacks too.
And the very high contrast ration od LED backlight display have a poor resolution for the LEDs ligth, since the LED size it's much larger than LCD pixel size.

For me shining blacks are little thing compared to crushed shadows, when the tones near black became black, transforming shadow details into a black cardboard. Just repulsive... in the same way white clipping it's respulsive and created whitle holes in any reflex in the face of a actor. Calibration it's useless, bullsh... talk, since if you calibrate the LCD to avoid crushed shadows and clipped whites, the image get faded, lifeless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
Videophiles will still find reason to complain. Ever display a "black" screen on an LCD in a dark room and notice how much light it's throwing out? A black screen should produce zero light. The other digital image quality issues you describe are due to compression. Stuff like smoke and fog usually look bad to me in digital form.

I'm happy where technology has gone. I can clearly see individual players in a football game compared to the old analog broadcast TV where you couldn't read their names on the jersey.

CRT is dead, plasma for some reason too, and next will be LCD, likely to be replaced by OLED.