View Single Post
Old 04-11-2018, 01:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
ecoford
EcoModding Lurker

ecoford - '18 Ford Focus SE
Ohio with a 1.0t ford focus

Hello all. I've been in the market for a new fuel efficient daily driver and I was looking at the usual suspects like the corolla or civic and even considering a prius c, but after some unusually bad service for someone ready to buy a new car, I checked the ford site and noticed they offered the ford focus se with a 1.0 3cylinder ecoboost and a 6 speed manual. I didn't know such a car existed honestly but when I looked into it further they happened to be offering a hefty discount on it from the site. So I sent a request to a dealership and went and checked it out. Well I wasn't expecting much but the car was nice enough so I picked it up mostly just because it was a great price. Well long story short I've been very impressed with how well it drives handling and comfort wise, the features of the car and how well that little 1 liter can move the focus around with the manual.

I'm excited to see what kind of mileage I can get out of it with this powertrain. I'm still on my first tank and have been doing almost exclusively stop and go city driving including revving a little higher than usual sometimes to break it in and I'm getting around 30. It's epa rated for 30c 40h. I think the car will shine in the 40mph+ territory where it's steady around 40-50mpg and in certain conditions even more. Well I look forward to lurking and posting some more about my efficiency adventures with my new focus. Thanks for reading!