View Single Post
Old 04-12-2018, 04:41 PM   #12 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,387 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Darc View Post
The most efficient transport will be hyperloop, vehicles in vacuum tubes, and the few required energy it's produced by solar panels. Not sure if it can have a good use for cities, since it will be very expensive.

For flying maybe in future people will need to have solar panels and get credits of produced energy to be allow to fly in electric vehicles. A week or so to produce energy to a short flying trip.

But even if energy wasn't a problem, the flying vehicles took far more space to navegate than road cars, since the require distance for safety it's giant. If 0,1% of people in big cities had a helicopter, there sould be no enough space on air.
The expense isn't in the energy, but in the contraption itself and liability. The electricity to fly 100 miles is relatively insignificant.

Hyperloop seems too complicated to work. There is the problem of loading and unloading pods at each end. I tend to think this will never be widely used.

Concerning airspace; there is lots. Traveling in 3 dimensions opens up a lot of room for travel, even if large distances need to be maintained between aircraft. Besides, the point of air travel isn't to replace normal commuting, but to skip over congested areas when time is more valuable than money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Darc View Post
It's strange how this vehicle (small propellers) have a total propeller area looking smaller than human transport drones with fewerm and larger propellers.

The Skydriver looks really impossible, since I see no compartment for batteries :
I see no redundancy, which is important when you have paying passengers using the aircraft.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

Last edited by redpoint5; 04-12-2018 at 04:53 PM..