View Single Post
Old 04-13-2018, 12:28 PM   #161 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,554 Times in 7,041 Posts
Quote:
Cars? I have to tell you. I’m in shock. In 2008, I felt like it was me against the world. There was not a single OEM talking about producing an electric car, except Tesla and you couldn’t yet buy one of those.
Indeed, they had produced some a few years earlier, and announced the death of the electric car. It didn’t work. Nobody wanted them.

In October 2017, I have to tell you my work is done. I was advised by a 76 year old man with an eight grade education that cleans out sewers here in town that this here electric car thing was the future. And China, India, France, Norway, The NEtherlands, and the UK are all talking about BANNING internal combustion vehicles from the roads. The END of them. Nine years from there aint’ any and we don’t need any to basically its a foregone conclusion that that’s the only kind of cars that will be on earth. In a world with 1.5 billion cars? How can that be?

Obviously, I wasn’t the only one with such an idea. Or else I’m really really good.
Meanwhile, in this video, I hold in one hand a man-made “rock” that if you set it out in the sun it makes electrical power. And in the other hand, another man-made rock that you can use to store that energy. No whirling turbines. No gears. No spinning wheels. No hiss of steam or cloud of smoke. No blinking lights. Inert rocks. Silent as the night. Powerful as the sun.
A Kinder and Gentler Zombie Apocolypse - EVTV Motor Verks
Quote:
The moment of the electric car is finally here. It’s been a ten year ride here at EVTV, and a hell of a party Woodrow. But I might want to kick a pig. It is my belief that we are quickly blazing through a firm early adopter advance, and the curve is about to turn vertical drawing in the super consumer and prosumer elements. We’re kind of taking a victory lap here at EVTV and giving more serious consideration to the concept of repurposing EV batteries for solar energy storage – a bit of a new frontier.
VIN: 5YJ3E1EA0JF005868 - EVTV Motor Verks