View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 12:33 PM   #1355 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,390 Times in 3,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Darc View Post
I'm surprised how nearly everyone today suffers from what I call flag agenda syndrome, where everyone who got from one side of politics (right or left flag) bring the entire agenda together, adopting every idea of the agenda form the choosed side, life a robot or like a pen drive download.

Even the CO2 now it's no longer a chemical ellement but a political ellement, a political tool for left or right flag
Exactly right.

Quote:
I believe the flag agenda syndrome it's caused by money, journalists and public figures sold for one side or other, and people who don't adopt a entire agenda have no support of nobody.
Disagree almost entirely here. Money is a tool, and doesn't cause anything, just as guns are a tool, and cause nothing on their own. Perhaps some politicians are influenced by money, but mostly they support the consensus of their party. The reason is that human nature is to be accepted by a tribe. Tribes have certain codes of conduct and beliefs, and more than minor deviation from those norms are not accepted.

If you want to be accepted by a tribe, it almost requires that you mostly accept their beliefs and codes of conduct. Individuality is not respected or even tolerated.

This is why I claim no political flag and avoid religious argument. My arguments for a particular position on something needs to be derived from reason, not from allegiance.

Quote:
This is a signal of the mediocrity of our times.
That's way 99% oa people, specially public figures, who is right or left have the same opinion of everyone from the same side about marriege, global warming, gays, imigration, sexism, moraliy etc...

The flag agenda syndrome reduced society to a binary thing. it's easier to keep both sides in hostile clima if both are like matter and antomatter. While people fight eat other it's easier for corrupt governments and leaders to steal and f...up society and the world.
In less civilized times, human nature was for tribes to war and to pillage the others. We have the same human nature, only we live in a different age where that behavior takes a different form.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!