View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 11:05 AM   #1365 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,388 Times in 3,362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Darc View Post
I wonder in countries that are not like Japan or Finland, what would happen if we take off the police, the security guards, the army, and all containment agents, and waith 2 months.

I wonder if they found all genes that leads to sociopathy, and track the incidence in many ethinic groups, countries, states. And a experiment, creating a comunity, isolated, free of sociopath individuals, and see how it would go around.
Maybe the evil would come from others less harmfull genes. I have a theory that good people need some evil from others to be good, not much but a bit. They need to get pissed off, disgusted, with worse people to be able to value good acts, good things.

What if God was nice in the day of Judgement?
Why not give heaven also for evil people, and not just to good people.
So he tried it before. He gave 3 heavens:
I haven't been to Japan since the 80s, and I was very young, but my impression was that police were hardly needed. Japan has a very orderly culture based on honor to family. For instance, I fully expect that if I left something of value on the street, that I would get it back before it was taken.

There is no way to eliminate evil from our genetics since evil is merely anything taken to an extreme. For example, being selfish is not evil unless selfishness is taken to an extreme that it harms others. After all, we need to act in self interest to protect our rights and to thrive, but it should not unduly harm others in the process (and normally should help others).

We do have heaven and hell now, and we all experience these to varying degrees, and we mostly choose which of these to live in. It seems to me that life is equal parts triumph and tragedy though. For every new baby born, there is another death. For every thing gained, an equal amount is lost.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!