View Single Post
Old 04-23-2018, 04:03 AM   #12 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.79 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Eric is good. I think I have found fault with him, but I like to point out the video where he dissected components after someone used stop leak. He showed how it made everything worse. It might work, but it seemed unlikely.

Shouty has several videos promoting stop leak. Put together they might be as long as Eric's video.

"Should You Leave Your Car's Engine Idling? Myth Busted" I watched three minutes and he kept giving different scenarios. "It depends." Thanks.
"Why Not to Buy an Auction Car" You cannot properly inspect it.
"The Best and Worst First Cars to Buy" I quit three minutes in again. No clear conclusion.
"Why It's Dumb to Buy a Smart Car" I consider "dumb" to be a weak adjective, but he lists many problems with them.
He uses the same template for every video thumbnail. The same picture of him superimposed on some car.
"Why Not to Buy a Car with Stop/Start Technology" I am waiting to be impressed. Has he repaired cars that broke down due to start\stop? Apparently not.
"The Worst Mistakes I've Made Fixing Cars" I have tried to watch this a few times, but I know that when I have made mistakes I have tried to help others avoid doing the same things.
Like watching Shouty Kilmer videos...
"5 Things You Should Never Do in a Manual Transmission Car." I already watched "5 Things You Should Never Do In A Manual Transmission Vehicle" by Engineering Explained two years ago. It has 10M views.
"How to Increase Gas Mileage in Your Car"
Okay. I am done here.