View Single Post
Old 04-26-2018, 10:54 AM   #14 (permalink)
Daschicken
EcoModding flying lizard

Cibbie - '88 Honda CBR 250R
Motorcycle
90 day: 48.49 mpg (US)

Rarity - '06 Honda Accord EX V6
Team Honda
90 day: 29.88 mpg (US)

Baby viff - '86 Honda VFR 400R
Motorcycle
90 day: 42.15 mpg (US)

Latios - '08 Suzuki SV650SF
Motorcycle
90 day: 64.56 mpg (US)

Mazda 3 - '14 Mazda 3 i Sport
90 day: 43.25 mpg (US)
Yep, I found out yesterday. Absolutely disgusting. All that effort to reduce drag goes in the trash if you increase the frontal area of your vehicles by 20%. Consumers just HAVE TO HAVE that tall vehicle so they can "see over the other vehicles", even though all the other vehicles are now tall so no one can see anything.

I've said it before...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford
lol cars suk. Pickup TRUUUUUUUUUUCKS here we come!
That and suicidal utility vehicles and crossunders....

My V6 accord is rated for 27 MPG highway, now I have done some modding to it to get better mileage, but it was still rated for 27 highway. My mom's Mazda CX-5 CROSSUNDER with the 2.5 auto was rated for 32 highway. That is a significant increase, on paper anyway. I have taken the CX-5 on my highway commute, and I could only get 43 MPG. 44-45 MPG is pretty regular for my V6 accord on the same trip. The CX-5 can get incredible mileage around town, and under 50 mph, but it suffers on the highway because its just so big.

I'm really surprised they are killing the fusion though, I would have thought that one would stick around for sure. I don't see many focuses around, fiestas yes, but not focuses. Not sure why they decided to keep that one.

Best trip in V6: 52.0
Best tank in V6: 46.0
Best tank in Mazda: 49.9
Best tank in CBR: 61.3
Best tank in SV: 83.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
You can lead a fashion-conscious horse to unusual-looking water...