Thread: new ebike build
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2018, 01:06 AM   #14 (permalink)
Hersbird
Master EcoModder

Dark Egg - '12 VW Touraeg
Thanked 1,177 Times in 807 Posts
Cool to hear your plans Skyking, I'm still waiting on battery problems, Luna is sending me the paperwork I need to give to fedex so i can drive all across town for the 2nd time to see if fedex will now accept the battery packed exactly how they put it on my porch a month ago now. Then when Luna gets it back supposedly they will refund my money so I can pick out another battery and get on the road. I do say I really like the cyclone 3000. It is super quiet and depending on the amps and volts you send it doesn't have to be 3000 watts. Just send it 36 volts and 20 amps and it will be only 720 watts. I had planned on pushing 60 volts and up to 60 amps to mine and supposedly it will take it. If it will take 3600 watts, its should take 720 forever. So It only weighs about 12 pounds and keeps all that weight low and centered. For the price it seems pretty awesome, and although they bill it as complicated install, it seemed simple to me and I have only adjusted a seat before this on a bike. Had I had a battery that was working, I would have had it together in an afternoon. We will see but supposedly the benefit of the reduction gears is the motor can spin nice and fast and you can still add pedal power at a reasonable cadence. I went with a fat bike because I wanted the tire stability and cushion without suspension. I never have had a fat bike before so I am not positive that was the best choice. I think a regular full suspension mountain bike might have been a better choice. I want to mainly ride dirt roads and trails though, constant shaking on the bars, and pounding on the seat. Luna does have some pretty good looking bikes ready to roll as well. I'm a bit peeved about their customer support but if they keep working to fix it I'm good with them. I doubt I could have bought this stuff direct from Vietnam and gotten any resolution.