View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 02:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
heynow9991
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
It's impractical to drive a Tesla with no trailer that distance, let alone with a trailer. I wouldn't bother with that exercise in driving strategy and fortitude, especially if there are other passengers along whose time is also worthy of consideration
Im suprised you say that. When I go to evtripplanner .com and map out the trip, the first stop to charge is further than where we normally stop, and the charge time is 13 minutes. We usually stop and have breakfast and fuel up which takes at least 1/2 hr. I actually think that we will make the trip in two days in the Tesla instead of 3 in our truck. The truck is a one ton chevy diesel and it is rather loud and uncomfortable. After 8 hours driving im done. I think with a quiet ev that is hopefully more comfortable and with a softer ride I would do two days with 12 hours or driving (plus a fews hours of charging/ breaks)

Ecky, that looks great. I need to do exactly that drawing with a Tesla. Did you build it? Im thinking the "truck cap boat" goes on top of the utility trailer, in the same orientation it would go on my truck, and make a round dome structure that would fill the gap like on your trailer. I would like it to be big enough to transport 4 bicycles plus other assorted stuff like the boat motor, beach chairs, etc.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to heynow9991 For This Useful Post:
aerohead (06-02-2018), NeilBlanchard (05-17-2018)