View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 03:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,585 Times in 7,069 Posts
Bummer.

Quote:
There is one okay HX with 165,000 miles somewhere in Oregon for $750. That would be very complicated, but I have not seen my family in Oregon in months.
I saw that in the other thread and wondered where I could come up with $750 stat. But then I read the 2006 HX had a brain tumor.

Same thing has happened to me. I had been having fuel supply problems with the Dasher, so I hadn't driven more than a few miles at a time before I authorized them to R&R the diesel pump.

The mechanic delivered the car to my door (to get a ride back), but when he arrived there was steam coming out of the hood. We top it up and I drove it to the shop and back. Next time I tried to go somewhere, I started by checking the water. The expansion tank was coated with 1/8" of oil, and the crankcase was over-full.

He claims the fan wasn't working when he got it, but he left it idling in the parking lot for 20 minutes unattended (his admission) Twice!

We're currently negotiating who pays for what. It's too rare to not fix.