Thread: Civic GX (CNG)
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 08:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
Daschicken
EcoModding flying lizard

Cibbie - '88 Honda CBR 250R
Motorcycle
90 day: 48.49 mpg (US)

Rarity - '06 Honda Accord EX V6
Team Honda
90 day: 29.88 mpg (US)

Baby viff - '86 Honda VFR 400R
Motorcycle
90 day: 42.15 mpg (US)

Latios - '08 Suzuki SV650SF
Motorcycle
90 day: 64.56 mpg (US)

Mazda 3 - '14 Mazda 3 i Sport
90 day: 43.25 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrey View Post
Hello all,
My name is Andrey from Southern California. I'm starting a new job soon that will increase my commute from 10 to almost 30 miles (each way). For the first several months to a year I'll need to drive an additional 30-100 miles a couple of times per week. This extra driving will be reimbursed by my employer. I'm a Honda guy, so I had to get one as a new commuter. The hybrids are impressive but I really like the idea of cheap gas that doesn't fluctuate wildly like gasoline. There are a good number of CNG stations around me and along my commute to make this a viable option. Without further adue, introducing the new gas/cash/environment saver here, my new (to me) 2011 Civic GX. It is in great shape, one owner, dealer maintained car. The first two tanks yielded in the high 30's which I'm really happy with. First mod will be hybrid wheels. I'll post some pics soon. This Honda is being added to my fleet consisting of a 1995 del Sol VTEC, 2005 Odyssey, and a 2010 BF60 outboard. I'm looking forward to participating and getting my MPG up a bit.
Hybrid wheels would be a good choice, probably cheap too since I can see people ditching them for cooler options. Are they 15" or 16"? I have 16" Acura RSX rims on my accord right now, which are 7.5 pounds lighter PER RIM than my previous OEM 17" rims. They are very open rims which are terrible for aero, and I was planning to make wheel covers for them, but........parents.

I believe the BF60 is based on the 1st gen insight engine, it even retains lean burn.

Best trip in V6: 52.0
Best tank in V6: 46.0
Best tank in Mazda: 49.9
Best tank in CBR: 61.3
Best tank in SV: 83.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
You can lead a fashion-conscious horse to unusual-looking water...