View Single Post
Old 05-20-2018, 12:24 AM   #4 (permalink)
HHOTDI
Rapturee

Sippy2 - '15 Honda NC700XD DCT
90 day: 59.51 mpg (US)

Shorty - '02 Ford F150 XL
So yesterday i made a trip north of me to Sandpoint Idaho to a neat place there called "PanHandler Pies" where i enjoyed a delicious piece of their home made "RazzleBerry". I'd never heard of that before, so the little waitress said it was a mixture of a few select berries and she recommended it. Man it was delicious, luckily i limited myself to only one piece heh! Made the trip home by way of Bayview Idaho and visited a neat old Naval base from WWII. The guards even let me take a picture of my NC700 in front of their naval base sign, pretty cool!

I didn't top off my tank until this morning to see that i has gotten 83.6 MPG, pretty darn good for the ole NC! Last night i scored a tall factory windscreen from a buddy who had just purchased and installed a really big 24" windscreen so i got his old one for free.99!! So this morning i quickly removed my old bikini factory windscreen and installed the new to me tall factory windscreen. Of course, i had to take it for a test ride today.

I rode out to a beautiful area called the "Coeurd'Alene River Rd". I stopped off at the Enaville Snake Pit for a delicious Bacon Cheese Burger, fries and of course a piece of PIE!! When i topped off the tank and road 102 miles of the beautifully windy river road the pump stopped at 1.03 gallons. After i confirmed the level in the tank, yup its full. I confirmed the trip-meter, yup its 102.3 miles. And i rechecked the pump, yup 1.03 gallons.....WHOOHOOOT!!! That's a new personal best of 99.32 MPG!!

I sat upright and comfortable, steady speeds of 45-50 mph along the river rd, stopping several times for scenery and pictures. It would seem that the NC really likes the tall windscreen with my height and always a freshly lubed chain! Now, i've got to get that 17T sprocket installed and see what we get with that!!
:{)

Last edited by HHOTDI; 05-20-2018 at 12:25 AM.. Reason: rented fingers, my lease is about up though.
The Following User Says Thank You to HHOTDI For This Useful Post:
Joggernot (05-20-2018)