View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 05:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
HHOTDI
Rapturee

Sippy2 - '15 Honda NC700XD DCT
90 day: 59.51 mpg (US)

Shorty - '02 Ford F150 XL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daschicken View Post
You still haven’t put that 17T on and you’re getting almost 100 MPG?? Noice. Put that sprocket on! If you feel like going even taller, the JT sprockets catalogue lists down to a 38T rear sprocket vs your 43T. What kind of RPMs is that engine comfortable down to? My screamer Cibbie is surprisingly comfortable down to 2000 RPM, it doesn’t show any signs of lugging, but taking into account the considerable valve overlap needed for such an engine, it probably isn’t particularly efficient down there anyway. The VFR 400 doesn’t like going much below 2500 with load
Hey Das, yes that is correct, i still have not installed the 17T. Been so busy at work, then with honey-do's trying to get the TT ready to take the family out camping. I remembered hearing about the 38T rear sprocket, but i had it in my mind that i'd hold off on that for the Craig Vetter DIY streamliner body i'll be building for the NC700x. If i don't have the chance to build at least the tail section this summer, then i'll build them both this coming winter.

In real world riding i'm staying right at 75-83 mpg. I purposely went to that stretch of road to be able to run the NC for about 100 miles and safely and without hindering anyone else at 45-50mph. I just wanted to see what i could squeeze out of it once. I'm so happy with the 75-83mpg that it regularly gives me that i wonder why i never sold my other ones and bought one of these sooner! I tried to get one of the DCT versions as they too return superb MPG, but none were available in my price range of cheapness. So i found this NC for sale on CL from a college student who was graduating and no longer needed a short commuter. I teased the guy a little bit as he had purchased it new in 2012 and had only put 1702 miles on it as of Feb 2018 when i bought it!

Though I still have a 2003 CRF230f(for sale $1,500) which was/is a great bike, i just don't have time to off road any more. And my little Black/Black 2012 CBR250r (for sale $3,500) with only 460 miles on it also is a neat bike, i'm just too old and arthritic to ride in that position anymore. Well, that and i'm 6'6"/230lbs so i kind feel like i'm riding a football! More to follow... :{)

Last edited by HHOTDI; 05-24-2018 at 02:02 AM.. Reason: rented fingers, my lease is about up though.