View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008, 12:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
kimer6
EcoModding Apprentice

Metro Diesel

The hood closes fine on the works, but I need to make a right angle discharge thermostat housing as a rubber hose will rub on the underside of the hood. The Metro motor mounts really have some travel and will isolate the vibration nicely.

Kane66, agree, I would love to have a purpose built automotive low emission turbo diesel with common rail injection, electronic injection, etc. Europe has many makes and models. But being a back yarder, I'm stuck with what I can scrape up....for peanuts. The Kubota governor is not suitable for automotive use either. I'll have to make do.

My real purpose for going diesel is that I can brew fuel myself should we get into a 1973 like crisis. I can't make gasoline. I can brew alcohol but in such times I would probably stay home and drink it. Biodiesel stores much safer than gas or alky. Yes VW has a long tranny.

Anybody see the new Pontiac G-6 trans? 6 speed, front wheel drive, new and cheap on eBay, ratios galore. Adapters aren't that hard to make at home......Kim