View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 03:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
cfg83
Pokémoderator

1999 Saturn SW2 - '99 Saturn SW2 Wagon
Team Saturn
90 day: 40.49 mpg (US)
bennelson -

It's on my todo list. From a reversible mod POV, I know I can cut the lines between the PS pump and the PS rack and re-connect them together with barbed hose fittings like this :

Husky Hose Repair Kit - HDA40700AV at The Home Depot

I know this will work, because it has been done on saturnfans.com for performance. In that situation, they also delete the PS Pump for cutting weight and get a different length accessory belt. I don't want to do that. I only want to take the PS out of the equation. Here is a picture of what I mean :

What I would really like to do is not even cut the lines. I want to see if I can find some fittings to match here :

Pegasus Auto Racing Supplies - Home Page

The idea would be to disconnect the hoses from the PS Pump and and close the loops with the fittings (keeping fluid in the hoses). This would make the PS rack into a "closed loop" manual steering. I would do the same for the PS pump (I would also need to get a short hose to go with the fittings).

If I post pictures of the PS pump connections, can you help me identify the parts/fittings in the Pegasus catalog?!?!?!

CarloSW2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	barbed_hose_fitting.jpg
Views:	5594
Size:	4.4 KB
ID:	2010   Click image for larger version

Name:	PS_rack_before_after.jpg
Views:	6937
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	2011  

What's your EPA MPG? Go Here and find out!
American Solar Energy Society