Diesel energy density figures for the drop-down.
Some energy-density figures for diesel fuel (since I'm an oil-burner... and want a nice simple drop down menu option too!)
HTML-ized version of:
- No. 2 Diesel has an average energy density of: 129,500 Btu/gallon
- B100 (100% Biodiesel) has an energy density of 118 296 Btu/gallon
- B20 (20% Bio blend) has an average energy density of 127 259 Btu/gallon
- Diesel stocks can vary in energy density by 15% between different suppliers.
- Winter blends of Diesel fuel from a single supplier tend to be 15% lower than summer diesel blends.
- This latter figure would mean the average energy density of Winter No. 2 Diesel is 110 075 Btu/gallon
Current mod: Skidplate/Undertray for my MkIV Jetta. Next mod: CAD drawing for skidplate so other Jetta/Golf drivers can make one too!
Last edited by ChrstphrR; 12-10-2008 at 12:52 AM..
Reason: Edit for calculation - winter diesel is 110k Btu, not just plain diesel.