View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 02:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
Intrigued
Losing the MISinformation

Quad Cam - '00 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX
Last 3: 25.94 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPaulHolmes View Post
Hey, Intrigued, if only teachers could whoop students as if they were a red-headed step child, I would teach for free.
Huh. If they pay there like they do in Missouri, you're pretty close to that pay level already! My mother is a retired Special Education teacher. She says the worst part is that the kids KNOW that you can't touch them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPaulHolmes View Post
By the way, if you have ever wondered why a pre-charge resistor is important, it's because there are TONS of huge capacitors inside the controller! They don't like to be short circuited!
FINALLY!!! All I needed was for it to be put in words I understand!!! YESYESYES!!! I remember enough from my learnin' during my "first college-hood" days back in the 70s to finally understand what's going on. You dump enough electrons into a circuit that is wanting to soak them up, and something's gonna give...

Whew! <wipes forehead...> I finally got a decent handle on EV range vs. battery technology, and now I understand "flux capacitors"!!! (That's from somewhere in Darin's thread, I think...) Now it's on to the rest of the pieces parts. Maybe in 20 years or so I'll have everything figured out in my "gotta-understand-it-thoroughly-or-too-chicken-to-try" brain, and I can do it all by my lonesome!!! (Thanks, MPaul!)

The brake pedal is my enemy. The brake pedal is my enemy. The brake pedal...