View Single Post
Old 01-23-2009, 07:07 PM   #21 (permalink)
Coyote X
nut

Metro XFi - '93 Geo Metro XFi Convertible
90 day: 62.17 mpg (US)

DR650SE - '07 Suzuki DR650SE
90 day: 55.26 mpg (US)
Send a message via MSN to Coyote X
It is a minor issue either way. I am thinking a 25k or so resistor might do better but I think a pot that is set default to 100k would be a non issue for 90% of the cars. But those few cars that have problems it could be a quick matter to adjust it with 2 people in the car. One driving the car with enough load to make it read incorrectly and the other adjust the pot so it starts reading correctly. It should take like 30 seconds at most to adjust it for the few that need it. The 22k might be a bit low for me I noticed when it is sitting idling with every accessory on to try and lower the voltage I could get it to spike to 5-8gph here and there. So maybe shooting for 2.3-2.4V when off might be ideal.

But for now I would just put a notice on the order page about peak and hold injectors will not work as-is with the first revision of the board and think about adding a pot or whatever to the future boards.

That last video was measured at the AVR pin so it is exactly what it is seeing before the resistor is added. The scale won't mean much though because the probe I am using is broke so I am not sure about the voltages.