Adventure Mobile II: 1994 Honda Civic Hatchback DX
Displacement: 1.5 L
Fuel type: gasoline
Transmission: manual
Curb weight: 2178 lbs
Coefficient of drag: 0.31
Frontal area: 19.9 sq.ft.
Instrumentation: other
Description: D15B7 Engine (16 valves, SOHC)
Front Wheel Drive
No power steering from factory

This is a second car for a family with two work-from-home parents and children not old enough to drive. It sometimes sits for months without use, and then I'll put 500-1500 miles on it for a business trip in a week. Fuel logs will therefore be few and far apart.

This is a project car, not a commuter car, and I'll probably lose money on each significant mod. But hopefully a real commuter can learn something from my successes and failures.
Build Thread:
Current Mods: AC Delete

Planned Mods: Planned mods will only begin once I've finished building a fort for the kids and cleaned out the basement.

The plan is to make a series of non-permanent mods that fit 3 configs:

Everyday) the Everyday config will consist of any mods my wife will let me keep on the car continuously. Likely to include skirts, maybe a belly pan.

Roadtrip) the Roadtrip config will be (if I may dream), something approaching the AeroCivic or Harold, including boat tail if I get get that far.

Rally) the Rally config will contain all the Roadtrip mods plus that "extra mile" for competition. Possibly will include passenger seat deletes, unbelted alternator, and anything else I'm too chicken to use in the Roadtrip config.
Official Fuel Economy Ratings
EPA city 34 mpg(US)
EPA highway 40 mpg(US)
EPA combined 37 mpg(US)

Actual Fuel Economy Performance
Lifetime 45.02 mpg(US)
Last 3 tanks 44.61 mpg(US)
90 days 45.02 mpg(US)
View Fuel Log
Last updated: Aug 30, 2009

(Created: 2009-07-21 12:05:28 / Modified: 2009-08-31 10:50:38)