$250 Pizza Delivery Car: 1991 Geo Metro Base
Displacement: 0.993 L
Fuel type: gasoline
Transmission: manual
Curb weight: 1695 lbs
Coefficient of drag: 0.32
Frontal area: 0 sq.ft.
Instrumentation:
Description: My first running and driving Metro! Right now, I am just trying to sort the car up and make it reliable and fully functional. I found it on Craigslist for $300. It had sat in the previous owner's yard for a while and was covered in leaves and mold but it ran and drove. I offered $250 and he accepted. Currently, I am sorting the car and fixing the issues. The issues would include a massive gas leak from the tank (fixed), bad inner tie rod ends, a broken or missing thermostat (fixed), leaking cam seal (fixed), non-functional window and exterior door handle on the passenger's front door (fixed), interior water leaks, and general cleaning (finished). The engine has good compression and will be left alone save for a new timing belt and a new front crank seal. I am also adding a better stereo, more sound deadening and fixing the A/C to make the car tolerable to spend long hours in. Yes, A/C may not be something you do for max MPG but working in a car without it during a hot, humid Florida summer while wearing a polyester pizza uniform is dangerous.
Build Thread:
Current Mods: Increased tire pressure to 42 psi, partial grill block, 0W-30 Mobil 1, tach cluster swap

Planned Mods: Pulse and glide kill switch, MPGuino, low rolling resistance tires, warm air intake, synthetic lubricants.
Official Fuel Economy Ratings
EPA city 37 mpg(US)
EPA highway 45 mpg(US)
EPA combined 40 mpg(US)

Actual Fuel Economy Performance
Lifetime 43.9 mpg(US)
Last 3 tanks 47 mpg(US)
90 days 43.75 mpg(US)
View Fuel Log
Last updated: Mar 26, 2011

(Created: 2010-12-19 03:07:21 / Modified: 2011-03-27 02:08:49)