Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Events & Meet-ups
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2018, 10:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
OCD Master EcoModder

Outasight - '00 Honda Insight
Team Honda
Gen-1 Insights
90 day: 54.18 mpg (US)
2018 Green Grand Prix TEAM ROSTER & DETAILS

We need more drivers!

In earlier years, I sent PMs to our EcoModder GGP team to work up plans and go over any tech details. It was cumbersome, mainly due to the limit on how many people can be included in one pm. So this year I will build a roster in this thread's first post here - and discuss plans in the thread.

One purpose of this roster is where possible, to adjust our fleet to cover as many classes as possible. Anything we can do to spread our coverage can help all of us.

Drivers and other EcoModders,
If you're planning on being there and you don't see your name here, please send me a PM here on EcoModder. Or email or a text message is also OK, if you have my contact information from prior years.

CAR MODEL & YEAR - DRIVER & EM NAME - MODDED YES/NO - CLASS

2000 Insight - Bruce Pick - brucepick - Modified - 3-cyl hybrid (CT)
1993 Mercury Grand Marquis V8 - Ryan S. - svt98t - Modded - V8 (NY)
2013 Prius - Jonathan Young - Vman455 - modded - Prius Gen. 3 (IL/PA)
Mini Cooper - Garth Vinson - Goofy1 - stock - 4-cyl gas (KY)

Last edited by brucepick; 03-13-2018 at 11:07 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to brucepick For This Useful Post:
Gasoline Fumes (03-13-2018)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 03-13-2018, 11:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
OCD Master EcoModder

Outasight - '00 Honda Insight
Team Honda
Gen-1 Insights
90 day: 54.18 mpg (US)
Goofy1 (Garth),

If your factory mpg computer can be zeroed by you, the GGP will probably accept its readout as official mpg. That is far more reliable than the alternative, which is based on filling up before and after the competition. With the filling station located at the bottom of the mountain, the drive up and coast back down have a significant effect on your overall mpg. And we've seen some really silly mpg numbers from that measuring method in past years.

You should send Bob Gillespie an email, and cc me - so he will know I saw it. Let him know what your car has, and ask that he use that for scoring.

The last two years, Bob has accepted Insight's factory mpg readouts as their mpg score. We EcoModders had three Insights in those competitions, mine, Robert Acevedo's, and Matt Hooler's. The GGP rule applies specifically to cars with "bladder tanks", and Insights don't have that - but they do have good factory mpg computers.

Below is a clip from the GGP rules.
Priuses have expandable bladder tanks which make it impossible to fill them to a standard level. So the GGP had to establish this rule years ago. It's a real plus when applied to any other car with a competent factory mpg computer.

"All vehicles utilizing bladder fuel tanks will use the factory-equipped fuel economy indicator to measure fuel consumption. Green Grand Prix officials will reset the indicator immediately before the car enters the track surface; the same official will read the indicator after the vehicle exits the track."

The Following User Says Thank You to brucepick For This Useful Post:
Goofy1 (03-13-2018)
Reply  Post New Thread