Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Events & Meet-ups
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2014, 05:10 PM   #101 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Great, I really want to know who all of these other weirdos are!

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-23-2014, 06:52 PM   #102 (permalink)
OCD Master EcoModder

Outasight - '00 Honda Insight
Team Honda
Gen-1 Insights
90 day: 54.18 mpg (US)
No weirdos here!!!

Anyway, to your main point,
That's what happens when people make up clever screen names to preserve their anonymity.

Phil Steenstra is smokey442 here on EcoModder. Drove the Chevy S10 Pickup at the GGP. 37.7 mpg, very nice!

Last edited by brucepick; 04-25-2014 at 09:06 AM.. Reason: No weirdos here!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to brucepick For This Useful Post:
Xist (04-23-2014)
Old 04-24-2014, 05:11 AM   #103 (permalink)
Changfa diesel + Suzuki

Centurion - '74 FIAT X1/9 Centurion Full Race DNA
Last 3: 143.5 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
From the data I have at this moment in time, overall fuel economy performance for ecomodders went as so:

1st: Changzuki (tie) at 200+
5th: More Air Less Fuel at 93.7
13th: BrucePick at 53
17th: UltArc at 48.7
26th: Phil Steenstra at 37.7

I think we did good work out of 44 cars!

NOTICE: If you are active on Ecomodder, and competed, please post here and alert me or send me a PM because my desire for making charts and compiling data is reaching critical limit!
Geez - ya think? Didn't know Phil was an ecomodder - good job!
I have been using your (UltArc) and brucepick's results in my local circles as excellent examples of real, streetable vehicles. So, if your ears are ringing.....

Have a good day folks!
~CrazyJerry
The Following User Says Thank You to changzuki For This Useful Post:
brucepick (04-24-2014)
Old 04-24-2014, 11:20 AM   #104 (permalink)
OCD Master EcoModder

Team Honda
Gen-1 Insights
Phil S doesn't show up on EM very often though.
Old 04-24-2014, 04:56 PM   #105 (permalink)

As always, it was nice to meet Gasoline Fumes again this year. Here is a pic I took last year of our cars. Sendler was there spectating too, but I neglected to take pictures. Good chatting with them.

Changzuki and Team Centurion at 200+mpg! It was very hard to grasp just how efficient this car was until I heard the fill results. It really had to sink in. Many people would give a left arm just to ride in an XL1, how much better to be in an Urba Centurion X1/9! It was a pleasure to be the navigator for it, even though i was merely ballast and counted laps. It had a pretty decent power to weight ratio for 17hp and 1200lbs. Once it got going it really pulled it's weight around the track. I think he left it in a single gear around the whole course. We took turn 1 pinned to the very inside curve, while other much heavier cars struggled to take a much wider racing line. Keeping momentum was easy when you can corner on a dime, and we even passed a few people on the uphill section! Something i'll never forget! The car is so light and small it's on a different scale of driving experience. It made my 1,850lb Insight seem like a bus. Though I think we left a little on the table at the track, we even surpassed the 45mph target average speed. The sunroof was cracked open, and we had some drinks and stuff still in the car. Changzuki, doesn't know this, but I was willing to go all out it in the sport of extreme hypermiling. Push the car at every chance, even go bare foot to save weight. For instance, last summer I went two months without cracking a window above 35mph or even turning on the blower.

Ultarc and Team Mustang at 49.4mpg. Beating out 5 hybrids mind you. That 300hp engined BEAST would sing! Vroom Vroom! Did any of the spectators believe the 42mpg claim lettered on his car? nope. Boy would they be surprised!

Mloveland and Team Honda at 75mpg. A completely stripped VX in my favorite color. You wouldn't believe the gasp at the awards ceremony when his numbers were announced. It eclipsed every Hybrid car that entered, including Alfred States' 1st gen Insight.

Phil with team Truck at at 37.7mpg.

Brucepick doing 53mpg in a Honda accord. We were behind him in the centurion during the start. Bruce is an excellent driver and experienced at this track, i really admired the lines he took. Almost like watching orbital mechanics.

Joe Dwyer getting 68.8mpg in the VW diesel. What a surprise, his car was such an underdog that nobody noticed it at all. This is literally the only picture of his car out of hundreds that I searched through! He said he found out about the event through this site!

More Air Less Fuel in the Anders Special at 93.7mpg! I believe it weighed 3,600lbs? Incredible machine to see, and probably the safest vehicle by far. I couldn't find a picture of it, but it had an incredibly strong roll cage inside. I would feel safe getting t-boned in that car. I even got to sit in it! Entry and exit is really fun as Cam shows in this gif. Nascar style. I would've loved to navigate for it, but It was uncertain it would make the competition. I'm glad he made it. I exchanged a good many emails between him trying to coax him into entering. I'm glad he enjoyed the GGP!

Illuminati Motors at 198mpge. It was nice to meet Kevin Smith, he had a good sense of humor when explaining "the IL-umin-ati." 7 reminded most of CARBEN, in that it looked completely different depending on the angle you saw it. Forgot to bring my copy of "Ingenious" to get it signed! But handed him an Ecomodder business card and got an Illuminati card in return. I also overheard an interesting conversation between him and the "300mpg" Toyota Prius with the massive amount of lithium batteries it. Kevin-"It's nice when you completely neglect to account for the electricity you put in the car. I'm doing fine at infinite mpg then!"

Alfred states stripped (2-300lbs lighter?) Honda Insight with MIMA and all suspension parts removed at only 67.6mpg???

A bit of pre road rally madness. Good lucks and trying to figure out exactly what's going on.

Winners circle: The occasion certainly called for a group picture of who we could round up. (Ultarc and Navigator), (Me navigator of the Centurion), (Navigator and Mloveland) Holding up awards and Watkins Glen wine bottles. Followed by a picture of Team Illuminati. Changzuki and his friend left early and missed the awards ceremony dinner. They missed out on the bottle of wine for winners too. But surprise surprise it was announced Changzuki and Illuminati tied for first place and received $1,000 each! Not bad for a trip out to Watkins Glen, well worth the effort. I texted Changzuki the good news as he was driving home. I got a text back 15min later Changzuki-"Best news ever!"

Some final pictures before I left. Ultarc and Mloveland were doing some bellypan repairs to make "THE BEAST" roadable. I just remembered i had some Edison VLC posters, so i handed them out. As tradition I took some last pics before I left admiring Mlovelands Kammback. Good to meet you all! Best Ecomodder meet ever! Watkins Glen Green Grandprix 2014.

Last edited by sheepdog 44; 04-26-2014 at 06:07 PM..
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sheepdog 44 For This Useful Post:
brucepick (04-24-2014), changzuki (04-25-2014), Gremlingrrl (05-03-2014), Jyden (04-24-2014), UltArc (04-25-2014), Xist (04-24-2014)
Old 04-24-2014, 09:59 PM   #106 (permalink)
OCD Master EcoModder

Team Honda
Gen-1 Insights
Truth be told, my still humble '96 Accord has a few other mods in addition to the wheel skirts.

Power steering belt removed
Alternator output disconnected
Two large deep cycle batteries power all electrical. One is lithium, so weighs under 20 lb. the other is lead acid, about 100 lb.
Moderate grill block
Sorry, no smooth belly pan!
Tires nearly at 50 psi

EPA combined estimate: 25 mpg (that's not a mod)

Last edited by brucepick; 04-25-2014 at 09:58 AM..
Old 05-02-2014, 09:28 PM   #107 (permalink)
Changfa diesel + Suzuki

Centurion - '74 FIAT X1/9 Centurion Full Race DNA
Last 3: 143.5 mpg (US)
I've brought the GGP results into an excel sheet, sorted the results by Category, added a few "fill colors" to dolly it up and to highlight the ecomodders... Below is the pdf for viewing.

Top mpg'ers in Categories are also bold..

PDF of Rally Spreadsheet - Sorted by Category

If anyone would like the excel version please pm me a valid email address and I'll send it to you.

Have a good evening!

~CrazyJerry

Last edited by changzuki; 05-03-2014 at 09:36 AM.. Reason: link update
The Following User Says Thank You to changzuki For This Useful Post:
Gasoline Fumes (05-03-2014)
Old 05-02-2014, 09:57 PM   #108 (permalink)
OCD Master EcoModder

Team Honda
Gen-1 Insights
Nice work on the score chart, changzuki!

I still owe you guys my spreadsheet.
I promise! I've been pretty busy at work and home. But I'll send you the spreadsheet.

Old 05-02-2014, 11:35 PM   #109 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

none - '98 Honda Civic HX

none - '00 Chevy (Geo) Metro base

none - '00 Saturn SL1 base
I didn't see any metros in the list. Maybe I'll try to make it next year, looks like fun and I have friends in Pa. that I could visit.
Old 05-03-2014, 07:47 AM   #110 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post

EX- Exhibition
Kevin Smith/Luke Deptula (198 mpg, Seven) & Changzuki/SheepDog44 (+/- 200 mpg, Centurion)
Just a small correction, and not out of ego. It was Kevin Smith/Jen Danzinger (198 mpge, IMW Seven), Changzuku/SheepDog44 (+/- 200 mpg, Centurion), and Luke Deptula/Peter Deptula (+/- 200 mpg, 05 Prius).

Luke Deptula was in #9, the "300 MPG" blue Prius with.

Reply  Post New Thread