Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2018, 09:48 AM   #1351 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Mica Blue - '05 Scion xA RS 2.0
Team Toyota
90 day: 42.48 mpg (US)

Forest - '15 Nissan Leaf S
Team Nissan
90 day: 156.46 mpg (US)

Number 7 - '15 VW e-Golf SEL
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 155.81 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,950 Times in 1,844 Posts
Ten myths about climate change debunked:

http://neilblanchard.blogspot.com/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NeilBlanchard For This Useful Post:
jakobnev (04-16-2018), sendler (04-17-2018)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-16-2018, 11:12 AM   #1352 (permalink)
Banned

I'm surprised how nearly everyone today suffers from what I call flag agenda syndrome, where everyone who got from one side of politics (right or left flag) bring the entire agenda together, adopting every idea of the agenda form the choosed side, life a robot or like a pen drive download.

Even the CO2 now it's no longer a chemical ellement but a political ellement, a political tool for left or right flag

I believe the flag agenda syndrome it's caused by money, journalists and public figures sold for one side or other, and people who don't adopt a entire agenda have no support of nobody.

This is a signal of the mediocrity of our times.
That's way 99% oa people, specially public figures, who is right or left have the same opinion of everyone from the same side about marriege, global warming, gays, imigration, sexism, moraliy etc...

The flag agenda syndrome reduced society to a binary thing. it's easier to keep both sides in hostile clima if both are like matter and antomatter. While people fight eat other it's easier for corrupt governments and leaders to steal and f...up society and the world.

Last edited by All Darc; 04-16-2018 at 11:50 AM..

Old 04-16-2018, 12:23 PM   #1353 (permalink)
...beats walking...

Thanked 1,525 Times in 1,126 Posts
We...they

us...them

left...right

red...blue

north...south

Old 04-16-2018, 12:33 PM   #1354 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Prius Plug-in - '12 Toyota Prius Plug-in
90 day: 57.64 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)
Thanked 4,380 Times in 3,354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Darc View Post
I'm surprised how nearly everyone today suffers from what I call flag agenda syndrome, where everyone who got from one side of politics (right or left flag) bring the entire agenda together, adopting every idea of the agenda form the choosed side, life a robot or like a pen drive download.

Even the CO2 now it's no longer a chemical ellement but a political ellement, a political tool for left or right flag
Exactly right.

Quote:
I believe the flag agenda syndrome it's caused by money, journalists and public figures sold for one side or other, and people who don't adopt a entire agenda have no support of nobody.
Disagree almost entirely here. Money is a tool, and doesn't cause anything, just as guns are a tool, and cause nothing on their own. Perhaps some politicians are influenced by money, but mostly they support the consensus of their party. The reason is that human nature is to be accepted by a tribe. Tribes have certain codes of conduct and beliefs, and more than minor deviation from those norms are not accepted.

If you want to be accepted by a tribe, it almost requires that you mostly accept their beliefs and codes of conduct. Individuality is not respected or even tolerated.

This is why I claim no political flag and avoid religious argument. My arguments for a particular position on something needs to be derived from reason, not from allegiance.

Quote:
This is a signal of the mediocrity of our times.
That's way 99% oa people, specially public figures, who is right or left have the same opinion of everyone from the same side about marriege, global warming, gays, imigration, sexism, moraliy etc...

The flag agenda syndrome reduced society to a binary thing. it's easier to keep both sides in hostile clima if both are like matter and antomatter. While people fight eat other it's easier for corrupt governments and leaders to steal and f...up society and the world.
In less civilized times, human nature was for tribes to war and to pillage the others. We have the same human nature, only we live in a different age where that behavior takes a different form.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

Old 04-16-2018, 08:40 PM   #1355 (permalink)
Banned

I hate human nature. I confess.
For me humanity in modern times it's just a cave man or a monkey driving George Jetson's car while talking on iPhone.

Tribe it's the perfect word to describe society. Digital aborígenes.

Unfortunately we are in a era, in 21 century, where reason is being victim of colletive rape. Maybe a consequence of easy comunication, giving voice to many idiots or to many opportunists that grab a lot of idiots.
The grown-ups of today are more like silly kids, addicted to self reward, self-pity and anesthetized feelings.

Our "monkey genes" always sellect and split, sellect and split. Took religions, all have nearly the same roots (Abrahan or even earlier as Pagan Gods), but always splited, changed, fight. If we would sellect a small group of very same ideolody (or madness) and eradicate all the rest, this group would fast change, create variances, new groups, and would fight over time all over again.

My only hope it's genetic science, to change human nature, change the high incidence of savage genes ,otherwise this sh...t will never change. The proportion of dumb sh...t idiots and savages it's much higher than the proportion of bright mind people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post

This is why I claim no political flag and avoid religious argument. My arguments for a particular position on something needs to be derived from reason, not from allegiance.

In less civilized times, human nature was for tribes to war and to pillage the others. We have the same human nature, only we live in a different age where that behavior takes a different form.

Old 04-16-2018, 08:57 PM   #1356 (permalink)
Banned

A bit of sexism for fun...

Do you remamber the classic wallet money take scene from Jeatson's TV oppening ?

Some fan with animation skills created a revenge, George's revenge :

I always imagined why the Jetsons never showed Earth as in the ground, but jusat on sky and space., Maybe thye Earth was quite destroyed or over populated on future, and people needed to move to sky. Energy wasn't a problem, given the fact homes was always levitating.

Old 04-17-2018, 12:46 AM   #1357 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Darc View Post
...Maybe a consequence of easy comunication, giving voice to many idiots or to many opportunists that grab a lot of idiots.
The grown-ups of today are more like silly kids, addicted to self reward, self-pity and anesthetized feelings.

...If we would sellect a small group of very same ideolody (or madness) and eradicate all the rest, this group would fast change, create variances, new groups, and would fight over time all over again.

My only hope it's genetic science, to change human nature, change the high incidence of savage genes ,otherwise this sh...t will never change. The proportion of dumb sh...t idiots and savages it's much higher than the proportion of bright mind people.
I'd say humanity has grown more intelligent and less violent over time, though I don't know what it was like to live in past epochs. Most of us are able to read and write though, and few of us die from the hand of violence.

Variance accomplishes 2 important things. First it explores new ideas, some of which are useful, and second it inoculates the species from being annihilated by a weakness common to everyone.

Too much homogeneity is not good, and certain extremes such as psychopathy are bad. It's important that genetic engineering eliminate clearly bad traits while not eliminating variance.

As far as dumb vs smart people go, exactly half are smarter than average, and exactly half are dumber than average. Considering the breadth of knowledge is infinite, we're all closer to knowing nothing than knowing everything.

Old 04-17-2018, 01:45 AM   #1358 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,554 Times in 7,041 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Darc
I hate human nature. I confess.
We know, we know.

Tribalism is just a stage on a path.

The first stage is self, babies are fascinated with their toes — the far extent of their selfness. Next is family, for better or worse, that hold the child as chattel. Then is tribe, that's around six, when the child becomes educable. Next come nation-state at around puberty — totally beyond the understanding of the six-year-old.

There are additional stages but they are just becoming available to us at this time. An example might be Pierre Teilhard de Chardin's 1922 concept of the noosphere:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noosphere

[cough]Internet{cough]

Quote:
I'd say humanity has grown more intelligent and less violent over time, though I don't know what it was like to live in past epochs.
It varied. The Trobriand Islanders didn't have it too bad, until the steamships showed up.

JAMES DEMEO: SAHARASIA

Old 04-17-2018, 03:29 AM   #1359 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
It varied. The Trobriand Islanders didn't have it too bad, until the steamships showed up.
Easy to live in peace when there is nothing to fight over. On the other hand, I look forward to living past the age of 40.

Old 04-17-2018, 09:45 AM   #1360 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Mica Blue - '05 Scion xA RS 2.0
Team Toyota
90 day: 42.48 mpg (US)

Forest - '15 Nissan Leaf S
Team Nissan
90 day: 156.46 mpg (US)

Number 7 - '15 VW e-Golf SEL
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 155.81 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,950 Times in 1,844 Posts
We cannot avoid the effects of climate change, and all of our lives will be changed; no matter what we think about it.

We are all living on the same planet, and the Laws of Nature do not bend.

http://neilblanchard.blogspot.com/

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Tags
lies, opinion, reality, scam