Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2018, 11:15 PM   #61 (permalink)
Banned

Uhhh ???

How just place a meschy would make bio nerology integrates and speakes the same language of digital processors ???

This sounds dumb... They don't even know how brain works... what we know it's too little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
How about your dreams? Are they in adequate resolution latency? Then you might be a good candidate for Neuralink. Ask your doctor.

Last edited by All Darc; 04-10-2018 at 09:03 AM..
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-10-2018, 12:17 AM   #62 (permalink)
Luddite

ol-green - '96 Honda Civic LX
Team Honda
90 day: 50.11 mpg (US)
CRT Televisions are vastly superior but many modern devices are HDMI output only, how can we cheat the system and used modern devices on a CRT:

A bit of back story, the PSTV IS HDMI OUTPUT ONLY! How can I use it on HDMI only?
Old 04-10-2018, 02:09 AM   #63 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Firefly EV - '98 Pontiac Firefly EV
90 day: 107.65 mpg (US)

Little Boy Blue - '05 Toyota Echo
90 day: 33.35 mpg (US)

BlueZ - '19 Nissan 370Z Sport
90 day: 17.19 mpg (US)
Glad you listed this as a "rant", holy crap.
The Following User Says Thank You to Stubby79 For This Useful Post:
Ecky (04-10-2018)
Old 04-10-2018, 09:21 AM   #64 (permalink)
Banned

You would need a converter to convert from digital to analogic signal. But, for example, the digital converter I have for TV signal here it's a garbage (for me at least, cause it's considered good by humans) since it blow white (create clipped whites) makling tones near white became pure white. The converter dit it maybe ti make image glossy, but since the signal already come out the converter this ff...ing way, no CRT TV contrast can solve it.

They created a digital converter specially to anoy me, since I don't tolerate poor dynamic range look, like clipped whites. So evewn with the converter, to use CRT with digital devices, the image can get f...ed -up, depending of the converter.

Not sure if my converter have HDMI imput or just antenna signal imput, but others converters probably have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deluxx View Post
CRT Televisions are vastly superior but many modern devices are HDMI output only, how can we cheat the system and used modern devices on a CRT:

A bit of back story, the PSTV IS HDMI OUTPUT ONLY! How can I use it on HDMI only?
The Following User Says Thank You to All Darc For This Useful Post:
deluxx (04-10-2018)
Old 04-10-2018, 09:27 AM   #65 (permalink)
Banned

Yeah, I know many people are just making fun when they said they agree with some of my critics...

But I enjoy some few people listened me at least a little bit, cause here in my city even seller don't know what I refer about when I talk about dynamic range, poor gradients, banding, uneven light distribution. it's horrible... it's like talk with walking deads..

At least in this forum there are inteligent people to debate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubby79 View Post
Glad you listed this as a "rant", holy crap.

Last edited by All Darc; 04-10-2018 at 09:45 AM..
Old 04-10-2018, 09:34 AM   #66 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

ND Miata - '15 Mazda MX-5 Special Package
90 day: 42.54 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,501 Times in 1,547 Posts
I understand what you mean.

It's possible to have LCDs display images that aren't clipped or with poor gradients. I watch digital content on my LCDs all the time which have no visible banding or clipping.

Where did you get your digital converter? Is it a problem with the digital signal they switched to (e.g. low bandwidth, local to your area) or is it that your own personal converter is low quality?

LCDs have their own weaknesses (and strengths), but they're entirely separate from what you're describing. A poor quality converter =/= issues with the screen itself.
Old 04-10-2018, 09:54 AM   #67 (permalink)
Banned

Sorry, calibration it's useless... If I calibrate LCD-LED backlight TV to avoid white clipping, like putting backlight in maximun and reducing contrast, the image turns dull and gray, fadded.
In a CRT this don't happens this way. CRT changes the light intensit of the tube itself and not jsut push the histogran side bar killing the dynamic range, like LED-LCD -OLED QLED do.

And some channels like the mini Sat antenna signed TV chanel, have faded images even with the TV contrast and backlight at maximun. Grotesque... MGM Golf chanel, at least on Brasil, it's the most garbage chanel I ever saw.

My LED backlight computer monitor (I'm forced to use this s...t) it's adjusted to try to avoid white clipping, but as result the videos get fadded. Only JGP images have some few dicensy, caus it's made for other standart of contrast.
Even so If I adjusted to avoid as much clipping as possible, the shadows star to crush a bit, since the grradient bar (black to white) used for calibration can't show all tone together.

It's like a seller tells you that to your new car to avoid trepidation/shaking you have to drive slow, while your older car could run like a devil and don't trepidate like the new one.

And there is nothing youy can to to reduce motion blur, view angle problems, uneven light distribution along screen, darkening in reduced angles.
The QLED LCDwas better than LED backlight LCD, but still have problems. And I saw it in a HDR demo clipe, and I bet in a non HDR it would look even poorer in dynamic range than CRT.

I will never watch films in such things... And now take the issue of image artefacts and texture loss in non great compresson video, like all broadcast channels, all stream web chanels, all digital sat paid chanels...
Artefacts everywhere, missing gradients, replaced with banding, looking horrible during fade in and fade out.

Not sure if was the MPEG4 made horrible or if the 4K samsung with my relatives have horrible decompression, but a clip with a camera steady, with few things moving (so easy for compression work) and that clip have 1GB for just 90 seconds of video, had horrible banding artefacts where was suposed to be gradients on sky.

So I can tell you. I never saw a decent digital presentaion on HD or UHD, since the displays dowsides or the video endocding, always turn things down.

The digital converter I talked it'sx for the CRT, since the TVs already have it built in (decode broadcast signal in DH). I will not risk buy a new one or even think about talk with a seller to describe the problem, since I know these people understand nothing or ignore dynamic range and clipped whites. Sh...t heads... sell TVs and knows nothing about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
I understand what you mean.

It's possible to have LCDs display images that aren't clipped or with poor gradients. I watch digital content on my LCDs all the time which have no visible banding or clipping.

Where did you get your digital converter? Is it a problem with the digital signal they switched to (e.g. low bandwidth, local to your area) or is it that your own personal converter is low quality?

LCDs have their own weaknesses (and strengths), but they're entirely separate from what you're describing. A poor quality converter =/= issues with the screen itself.

Last edited by All Darc; 04-10-2018 at 10:23 AM..
Old 04-10-2018, 10:00 AM   #68 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

What sources are you seeing clipping from on your LCD TV? Are these images from a computer, connected via HDMI? Or, is this with your LCD connected to your TV box? Have you verified with any other devices that it's the TV and not the signal itself which simply doesn't have that information in it?

For your LCD monitor, what are you using to output to it? The video card in your computer can make a difference. There are different color spaces used by computers, and with some you have the option of changing what you're outputting with.
Old 04-10-2018, 10:42 AM   #69 (permalink)
Banned

All sources have viseble clipping at the LCD (LED backlight) TV. There are some dumb chanels that already have contrast f...up, like one that have crushed shaddows even in crt TV when broadcast was still analogic. Maybe the guy who did the setting for the TV station was used with LCD and found it normal. But other chanels had no clipping, since I saw month ago or sop in analogic transmission on CRT and there was no clipping.

Detail...

About bad gradients, the called banding effect, which I hate, there is noting to do too, since it's in the image, and adjust to hide it would be adjusts to try to hide something on image.
SOme TVs also have bad decoding, which leads to even worse gradients. They are always there during fade in and fade out. Always...

Last edited by All Darc; 04-10-2018 at 10:51 AM..
Old 04-10-2018, 11:27 AM   #70 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Banding is often caused by insufficient color palette. Cheap TN panels (which have bad color, bad viewing angles, color shift, and which I consider garbage) often have 6 bit color - which means they can only produce 64 different shades of each color. You get obvious banding on these cheap screens. It's hard to find them any more in the US though.

8 bit color is standard on most LCDs that aren't total garbage. It's unlikely you'd be able to perceive banding that wasn't already there when the video was recorded.

10 bit color is available on very high end panels, and must be paired with something that can output 10 bit color, because most recording isn't 10 bit.

Reply  Post New Thread