Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Fossil Fuel Free > Open ReVolt: open source DC motor controller
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2013, 05:34 PM   #141 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Hello Adam,
I am sorry to hear about the lack of ease of availability for your preferred choice of batteries, but I am sure somehow else will crop up quite soon.

Regarding the controller I really believe that one should never loose motivation on a good thing especially when it is really GOOD.You know that guys are waiting for your brilliant project to achieve what you initially decided for it.

Enjoy your vacation

Mario

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 07-22-2013, 08:17 PM   #142 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Hi Adam

Have you looked at Headway?
Not as good as A123 but 10C continuous and 15C burst
Also a LOT easier to make a decent pack

You end up with about 10Kwhrs and 150Hp per 100Kg
Mine are several years old and have now been superseded, I think the new ones are more powerful
Old 07-22-2013, 09:45 PM   #143 (permalink)
AC-DC enthusiast

Dual-PWR PHEV - '04 Toyota Prius

Kopper - '79 Bradley Bradley GT-II
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamj12b View Post
Hello Guys,

Sorry, the controller is not ready yet. I have not had time to work on this in the last few weeks. Im on vacation for the next month so I don't expect to be working on it then as well.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Without a123 batteries easily available for my Corvette build anymore, I have lost my motivation to get everything done as there is not really any high performance batteries out there currently.

-Adam
KOKAMs ???
. . . . . . . .CALCars # 27. . . . . . . . . . ..on the works now !!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . ........
Old 07-27-2013, 03:08 PM   #144 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

So, Does this mean you are just going to quit?!?
There are other ways of skinning a cat my friend! So please, don't just give up! Find another way of making, what seems to be an average battery system people use for Kids and their toys, and turn it around to make what every respectable EV needs. A good strong long lasting Battery Pack.
Just my $0.02 cents worth. Where there's a will there's a way. And we got Faith in ya!!
LW
Oh yeah, could you please update us on the EV Vett, please?!?!
Old 07-29-2013, 08:55 AM   #145 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

EVVette - '71 Chevy Corvette Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by rccubed View Post
So, Does this mean you are just going to quit?!?
There are other ways of skinning a cat my friend! So please, don't just give up! Find another way of making, what seems to be an average battery system people use for Kids and their toys, and turn it around to make what every respectable EV needs. A good strong long lasting Battery Pack.
Just my $0.02 cents worth. Where there's a will there's a way. And we got Faith in ya!!
LW
Oh yeah, could you please update us on the EV Vett, please?!?!
O there will be no quitting. Just a delay. I will be back to working on the controller soon as well as the BMS as it will be used in the new UAF electric snowmobiles.

The care is still coming along. I have alot of body work to do still which is slow. I have been working on rebuilding some of the steel windshield frame and finishing the firewall. Once these are done, I can finish the underneath and then put the body back on the frame and work on getting it ready for paint.

The 3rd week on August is the trip to PA again. Im hoping to find the wheels that I want this year. I have one already, so I only need 3 more. The ones I am looking for are forged aluminum which will allow me to send 2 out and have them narrowed from 9.5 to 7.5". This will help ALOT with rolling resistance in the front of the car without effecting handling too much.

-Adam

You can download RTD Explorer for the Cougar controllers at www.EVVette.com
Old 07-29-2013, 09:00 AM   #146 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan View Post
Hi Adam

Have you looked at Headway?
Not as good as A123 but 10C continuous and 15C burst
Also a LOT easier to make a decent pack

You end up with about 10Kwhrs and 150Hp per 100Kg
Mine are several years old and have now been superseded, I think the new ones are more powerful
My first choice was Headways, but they started to become harder to get. I might look into them again.

I have always thought about using Turnigy LIPO cells as a last resort. They have the power I want and the capacity too. Its only the downside of safety. Isaac from UAF and I have been working on ways to make them more EV friendly and we might have a good system for keeping them in check. Once this is proven, I will feel better about it and say for sure that I will use them.

-Adam

Old 07-30-2013, 11:03 PM   #147 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Rondo - '07 Kia Rondo EX
Last 3: 20.47 mpg (US)

Tinkertoy2 - '00 Toyota Echo base
Team Toyota
Last 3: 46.03 mpg (US)
The new CALB cells are supposed to be quite good, 12c pulse. A guy I know in Calgary went to them after using the A123 cells and he is quite pleased so far. He has pulled up to 750 amps from his 60ah cells. The price isn't terrible, life expectancy is better than LIPO and without the safety concerns.

Almost all my driving is done 1-5 miles at a time.
Best short trip: 2.4 l/100 km, 3.9 km
Old 08-24-2013, 02:04 AM   #148 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

What if I am starting to build this controller?

Hi Adam,

What would happen if I build this controller base on your PCB design that available in wiki? burn the latest firm ware that available in your website.

I am going to order 5 PCBs here locally. And start to full fill the BOM from digikey.

Any suggestion?

Thank you

Kukuh
Old 09-11-2013, 06:22 AM   #149 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Hi Guys,

Are there controller boards available somewhere? Preferably built up. It does not look like it, but maybe somebody thought he will use it and then did not get around to it.

Failing that, are the schematics and pcb artwork available somewhere? I did see the pictures of the schematic and pcb on the first post, but I see that Kusaw mentioned "pcb design on the wiki". I have not been able to find that.

Last question, is the software source available somewhere? I have not been able to find it.

Making pcboards here in South Africa is pretty expensive.

Thanks

John
Old 09-11-2013, 07:19 AM   #150 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

The Uprising control board has not been fully tested yet. The input section has its issues and the under-voltage lockout needs some work as well. Currently, the one in the first post is the only one in existence. The software is working but is only basic Cougar 1.11b port.

If your interested in working on the design, email me and I can send you the stuff you need to get some made, but I sill wont have time to work on it myself until winter at the earliest.

-Adam

Reply  Post New Thread