Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Motorcycles / Scooters
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2015, 12:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimblemotors View Post
I think this guy got funding from an investor on a TV show, like Shark Tank or something.

With the stated MSRP of $35,000 that is just not going to sell.
With what looks like bicycle tires and wheels, no way it can go on the freeway.

It makes the $9,500 price on Nimble Motorsports The Indy One Electric Kit Car look like the bargain it is.
The show is called ALL-AMERICAN MAKERS. Never saw it before since I pretty much only have basic cable service. Cool show though.

Those looked more like motorcycle tires than bicycle tires to me.

Didn't see the MSRP... missed that. But yeah, what are people thinking when they put on ridiculous price tags that are way too high or implausibly low?

Not very fuel efficient, but a whole heck of a lot more bang for the buck when one could get a Polaris Slingshot for something just above $21K

Say what you want, but I don't see electrics as being all that great. Mostly because of the excessive price based on the hype of a lie and delusions. (That's probably sacrilege here... but only for the delusional)

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 07-31-2015, 02:23 PM   #12 (permalink)
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
And an electric assist bike is MUCH cheaper and available right now. I built mine with premium parts for about $1400. It climbs any hill without pedaling if I want t avoid it. Top speed 22 mph. I built it for commuting, and I love commuting on it (nearly 600 miles since June 10). Honestly, I don't know what he means by people hating the idea of a bike commute. I love it
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.

Old 07-31-2015, 11:22 PM   #13 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

It all depends on your commute route. A lot of people don't have bike friendly roads or paths to use. I ride an ebike and emotorcycle. Both have their strengths. It's a lot more enjoyable to use the emotorcycle on roads that are 45mph with no bike lane or shoulder.

This Raht product has a purpose. It's really just an emotorcycle with the option for exercise and better weather protection.
Old 07-31-2015, 11:51 PM   #14 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

The concept is right but it's way over priced and way over weight. Price a velomobile and an electric motor kit that will do 45 mph. See what you can get for less than $10,000 USD. An e-bike and fairing is ideal for urban commuting up to 30 mph. A 250cc gas streamlined motorcycle is great for the highway. No one needs to go over 75 mph around here.

Last edited by Grant-53; 07-31-2015 at 11:59 PM..
Old 08-01-2015, 12:06 AM   #15 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Yella Peril - '80 Mercedes 240D sedan
It has quite a brilliant body shape !

But I'd have it in yellow !

Reply  Post New Thread