Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Instrumentation > OpenGauge / MPGuino FE computer
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2017, 05:56 PM   #141 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Hi t vago thanks
As for (Cv) by the research I did on the internet I also did not see many references, it seems that much information is based on assumptions, which may not be the correct, but for lack of better, is what we have for guidance.
I think the calculation you use for (Cv) is this http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...html#post43879
When I asked it to be able to by a description in the project I presented above, the other two values easily found the description, the Cv although suspected I was not sure.

Thanks
José Rodrigues

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 09-05-2017, 06:06 AM   #142 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Hi t vago
I found this pdf and I think it has very useful information for the coastdown.
https://avt.inl.gov/sites/default/fi...v/htp001r2.pdf

José Rodrigues
The Following User Says Thank You to josemapiro For This Useful Post:
t vago (09-05-2017)
Old 09-05-2017, 05:25 PM   #143 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

After a close look at the pdf what you see is the "viscous drag" is not part of the test process.
On another website, another factor, which I do not know if it will be of interest, is "Driveline and powertrain mechanical resistance"
https://hyundaimpginfo.com/assets/co...Fact_Sheet.pdf

José Rodrigues
t vago (09-05-2017)
Old 10-17-2017, 12:36 AM   #144 (permalink)
MPGuino Supporter

iNXS - '10 Opel Zafira 111 Anniversary

Suzi - '02 Suzuki Swift GL
Removed bug causing drag race function to prematurely cancel. Enhanced drag race function to allow it to auto-trigger whenever the vehicle is stopped, and then select the best 0-60 recorded time. Auto-triggering can be turned off via stored parameter.

Re-examined skybolt's JSON code, and came up with function to decode the acceleration test flag status. Also replaced sections dependent on cycle0() with main timer command flag that triggers every 1.6 seconds. Considering whether to replace min() and max() functions with equivalent SWEET64 bytecode.

Went through code and converted more sections to namespace.

You now enter the menu by short-pressing the center button. LCD backlight brightness has been moved to long-pressing the center button. CPU % utilization now uses long-press of both right and left buttons at the same time.

Working on simplifying trip variable load/save, and adding manual trip entry. Also working on adding matrix math to enable coastdown testing and automatic fuel parameter determination (gallons/uSec and fuel injector latency in microseconds).
The Following User Says Thank You to t vago For This Useful Post:
josemapiro (10-17-2017)
Old 10-17-2017, 01:20 PM   #145 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Hi t vago
Good job, when are we going to have this new version to test.

Thanks
José Rodrigues
Old 10-23-2017, 01:05 AM   #146 (permalink)
MPGuino Supporter

iNXS - '10 Opel Zafira 111 Anniversary

Suzi - '02 Suzuki Swift GL
Not sure when, I've got to track down a bug in the keypress recognition section. It currently overrides button definitions that it's not supposed to, and that's kind of annoying to encounter when you're trying to test stuff that is keypress-related.

Looks like I got the parameter editing section pretty much separated from the settings section, so I should be able to figure out how to use the parameter editor to manually enter tank trip variables. It could not do that before, because it was pretty much tied to reading and writing only to EEPROM.
The Following User Says Thank You to t vago For This Useful Post:
josemapiro (10-23-2017)
Old 10-23-2017, 02:57 PM   #147 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Hi t vago
I'm sorry it was not my intention to rush your brilliant work, I just thought it was already functional and so I asked it to be available.
But take time that is necessary, without haste.

Thanks
José Rodrigues
t vago (10-30-2017)
Old 01-20-2018, 01:07 PM   #148 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

What parts of your code would I have to modify so it works with an Arduino Uno and the DFRobot DFR0009 LCD Shield? I can't post links yet but if you google the shield it brings you to a page with the pin allocation and some sample code using the LiquidCrystal library.

I played around with the code for awhile but couldn't make much progress. The two changes I tried were to add this code around line 7000:

Code:
const uint8_t lcdRegisterSelect =                      (1 << PORTB0); // on PORTB, 8
const uint8_t lcdEnable =                              (1 << PORTB1); // on PORTB, 9
const uint8_t lcdBit3 =                                (1 << PORTD7); // on PORTD, 7
const uint8_t lcdBit2 =                                (1 << PORTD6); // on PORTD, 6
const uint8_t lcdBit1 =                                (1 << PORTD5); // on PORTD, 5
const uint8_t lcdBit0 =                                (1 << PORTD4); // on PORTD, 4
const uint8_t lcdBrightness =                          (1 << DDB2); // on PORTB, 10
const uint8_t lcdContrast =                            (1 << DDD1); // on PORTD, 1
And this code around line 7139:

Code:
// set direction to output LCD data on selected port B pins
DDRB |= (lcdEnable | lcdRegisterSelect | lcdBrightness);

// set direction to output LCD data on selected port D pins
DDRD |= (lcdBit3 | lcdBit2 | lcdBit1 | lcdBit0 | lcdContrast);
I wasn't able to get the LCD to give me anything intelligible. Does it look like I'm on the right track or this a much more difficult change than I expected it to be? I was thinking it should be pretty simple to change the LCD input pins, but all my coding experience has been high-level and this port registry stuff is new to me.
Old 01-23-2018, 08:03 AM   #149 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Question A couple of questions.

Hi

I am looking at building one of these for myself and have a couple of questions.

Firstly, Is tere a a circuit diagram that includes the fix for the wake on engine start issue? Is the fix imoplemented in the code available on the front page of this thread (from what I can see I think it is but wat to make sure)? Is it also possible to have it with the 2 pin Adafruit LCD module?

Secondly, can the signal from one of the fuel injector lines on my car's control unit be used for the injector pulse detection?

Edit: added question about Adafruit LCD module.

Last edited by helpgeek; 01-23-2018 at 08:20 AM..
Old 01-25-2018, 01:35 PM   #150 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barreled View Post
I wasn't able to get the LCD to give me anything intelligible. Does it look like I'm on the right track or this a much more difficult change than I expected it to be? I was thinking it should be pretty simple to change the LCD input pins, but all my coding experience has been high-level and this port registry stuff is new to me.
Your LCD uses pins different from those programmed in MPGuino, the t vago is who can help.

José Rodrigues

Reply  Post New Thread

Tags
mpguino, peak and hold