Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Instrumentation > OpenGauge / MPGuino FE computer
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2018, 01:36 PM   #151 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by helpgeek View Post
Hi

I am looking at building one of these for myself and have a couple of questions.

Firstly, Is tere a a circuit diagram that includes the fix for the wake on engine start issue? Is the fix imoplemented in the code available on the front page of this thread (from what I can see I think it is but wat to make sure)? Is it also possible to have it with the 2 pin Adafruit LCD module?

Secondly, can the signal from one of the fuel injector lines on my car's control unit be used for the injector pulse detection?

Edit: added question about Adafruit LCD module.
The information you need is in the MPGuino program header.
Relatively or wake up is not necessary any change in the diagram, the only problem that existed was only with the arduino mega, but the solution is simple, just use the pins 18 and 19 (INT3/INT2)

José Rodrigues

The Following User Says Thank You to josemapiro For This Useful Post:
t vago (01-27-2018)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 01-26-2018, 05:04 PM   #152 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Thanks. I didn't scroll down far enough for the in the code to spot the LCD section. But I am still not sure about the injector.

In the original circuit diagram it says to connect the cable to the ground side of the injector. Is there any way I can connect the input to the injector signal from my vehile's ECU rather than run a cable to the engine bay?

My vehicle is a Holden Commodore VT using the Buick L36 3.8 litre V6 engine with Bosch EV6 injectors.
Old 01-27-2018, 10:46 PM   #153 (permalink)
MPGuino Supporter

iNXS - '10 Opel Zafira 111 Anniversary

Suzi - '02 Suzuki Swift GL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barreled View Post
What parts of your code would I have to modify so it works with an Arduino Uno and the DFRobot DFR0009 LCD Shield? I can't post links yet but if you google the shield it brings you to a page with the pin allocation and some sample code using the LiquidCrystal library.

I played around with the code for awhile but couldn't make much progress. The two changes I tried were to add this code around line 7000:

Code:
const uint8_t lcdRegisterSelect =                      (1 << PORTB0); // on PORTB, 8
const uint8_t lcdEnable =                              (1 << PORTB1); // on PORTB, 9
const uint8_t lcdBit3 =                                (1 << PORTD7); // on PORTD, 7
const uint8_t lcdBit2 =                                (1 << PORTD6); // on PORTD, 6
const uint8_t lcdBit1 =                                (1 << PORTD5); // on PORTD, 5
const uint8_t lcdBit0 =                                (1 << PORTD4); // on PORTD, 4
const uint8_t lcdBrightness =                          (1 << DDB2); // on PORTB, 10
const uint8_t lcdContrast =                            (1 << DDD1); // on PORTD, 1
And this code around line 7139:

Code:
// set direction to output LCD data on selected port B pins
DDRB |= (lcdEnable | lcdRegisterSelect | lcdBrightness);

// set direction to output LCD data on selected port D pins
DDRD |= (lcdBit3 | lcdBit2 | lcdBit1 | lcdBit0 | lcdContrast);
I wasn't able to get the LCD to give me anything intelligible. Does it look like I'm on the right track or this a much more difficult change than I expected it to be? I was thinking it should be pretty simple to change the LCD input pins, but all my coding experience has been high-level and this port registry stuff is new to me.
The port registry stuff is a lot of what allows MPGuino to conserve as much program space as it does. This DFR0009 board has a rather interesting setup, as it seems they actually used rational thought to assign the pinout to the LCD module, and they're actually using an analog mux circuit to encode the 5 buttons. I will look over the DFR0009 schematics and come out with a version that should work for you, in the next few days.
Old 01-27-2018, 10:49 PM   #154 (permalink)
MPGuino Supporter

Quote:
Thanks. I didn't scroll down far enough for the in the code to spot the LCD section. But I am still not sure about the injector.

In the original circuit diagram it says to connect the cable to the ground side of the injector. Is there any way I can connect the input to the injector signal from my vehile's ECU rather than run a cable to the engine bay?

My vehicle is a Holden Commodore VT using the Buick L36 3.8 litre V6 engine with Bosch EV6 injectors.
You should be able to splice into the injector signal at your ECU, instead of at the injector.
Old 01-27-2018, 10:52 PM   #155 (permalink)
MPGuino Supporter

Quote:
Hi

I am looking at building one of these for myself and have a couple of questions.

Firstly, Is tere a a circuit diagram that includes the fix for the wake on engine start issue? Is the fix imoplemented in the code available on the front page of this thread (from what I can see I think it is but wat to make sure)? Is it also possible to have it with the 2 pin Adafruit LCD module?

Secondly, can the signal from one of the fuel injector lines on my car's control unit be used for the injector pulse detection?

Edit: added question about Adafruit LCD module.
I am assuming this Adafruit LCD module is different from the Adafruit RGB LCD module? I'll have to look at it to see what is different.
Old 01-28-2018, 01:54 AM   #156 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by t vago View Post
I am assuming this Adafruit LCD module is different from the Adafruit RGB LCD module? I'll have to look at it to see what is different.
No, it is the 2 wire RGB module I was referring to.

Thanks also for the information on the injector info.
Old 01-28-2018, 04:51 AM   #157 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

A3 - '12 Audi A3
If this is the module.

https://www.dfrobot.com/wiki/index.p...o_SKU:_DFR0009

Then i would test the buttons with a sample program first.

The voltage on an analog pin changes as you press the buttons. I had 30 or so of them (no name brand but the same shield) and they all read the voltages differently.

Most of them were within spec but on some the values were off so the code did not work and the threshold values needed to be adjusted.
Old 02-20-2018, 12:33 AM   #158 (permalink)
MPGuino Supporter

...yah, that's a rather interesting LCD module. I like how you can only press one button at a time, even with the analog multiplexing that's going on.

Yep, I finally gave in and moved the MPGuino code over to GitHub -> https://github.com/tvago1972/MPGuino

hopefully, it should enable better version tracking than the manual tracking I'm currently using.
Old 02-23-2018, 04:41 PM   #159 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Hi t vago
This new version has some problems the first one after entering settings there is no way to exit the settings using only the three buttons. The other problem I have is in the interrupts you are using in this version, INT4 and INT5, but I had combined using the mega 2560 version the INT2 and INT3, to avoid the problem of deep sleep.
For the settings you can add a line with "Back to Menu" or just "Menu" to allow you to exit the settings.

Thanks
José Rodrigues
Old 03-25-2018, 04:20 PM   #160 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Question and thanks

Frst of all many thanks for all the rewrite work, the code is now much more understandeble , for me still very diffecult

Hello , I'm trying to make a MPGUINO for my motorcyle Yamaha Tmax 500,
I think your code is very close to my needs.

Unfortunately i'm not a expert in C++ , So to evaluate and maybe change is very diffecult for me.

Because I will use it on a motorcycle, I like to have a other (smaller) display, I'm thinking on a 0.94" OLED , but this library use a lot of memory.

My question wat is the best way to start ,and is it possible to connect this 0.94"Oled to the arduino uno or pro?

The Yamaha has a engine with:

two cilinder
two injectors
mechanical (in tank) fuel pressure regulator without interaction with ECU
a MAP sensor
a lamda sensor

many thanks in advance

The Following User Says Thank You to wim2584 For This Useful Post:
t vago (10-21-2022)
Reply  Post New Thread

Tags
mpguino, peak and hold