Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2014, 06:55 PM   #51 (permalink)
ALL UP ON THE INTERWEB!!!

skidmark - super snail - '89 honda civic wagon WAGOVAN
Team "Old SKOOL"
90 day: 30.87 mpg (US)

Pituca - '19 Honda Insight Touring
90 day: 39.34 mpg (US)
as promised

BALTO - I like your idea about the mileage on the sticker - I'm going to buy a dry-erase marker and see if it wipes off clean. If it does, then I might just get another set of "MODDER" decals made up to go under my current one with motor / tranny info and spots to fill in for personal best, last tank, and % above EPA. That would be cool

I'll report back soon about the markers. If I remember right, there should be some kind of spray cleaning solution that goes with the markers. At that point, as long as the spray doesn't hurt the paint on the decals, I'm in!

Victor.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 09-18-2014, 09:13 PM   #52 (permalink)
XYZ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vman455 View Post
What's really fun is driving anywhere with my eldest brother, who's a deputy sheriff. The badge is a "get out of jail free" card whenever he gets pulled over. Cops are human.
Here's an old joke:

Q: Why won't sharks attack lawyers?
A: Professional courtesy.

Yep. "Professional courtesy". AKA the cronyism of power and influence.

Everyone would like to have someone in their family that has a "get out of jail free" card.

Where's your badge? Where's my "get out of jail free" card?
Old 09-18-2014, 09:16 PM   #53 (permalink)
XYZ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrmouseyd15b View Post
as promised

BALTO - I like your idea about the mileage on the sticker - I'm going to buy a dry-erase marker and see if it wipes off clean. If it does, then I might just get another set of "MODDER" decals made up to go under my current one with motor / tranny info and spots to fill in for personal best, last tank, and % above EPA. That would be cool

I'll report back soon about the markers. If I remember right, there should be some kind of spray cleaning solution that goes with the markers. At that point, as long as the spray doesn't hurt the paint on the decals, I'm in!

Victor.
A word to the wise:

In some states putting a bumper sticker (or anything else) on a rear window may be a violation of local law. We've heard enough stories of gung-ho cops looking for infraction bait.

Bumper stickers are meant to be put on bumpers...

"And lead us not into temptation..."
The Following User Says Thank You to XYZ For This Useful Post:
Cobb (09-18-2014)
Old 09-18-2014, 09:22 PM   #54 (permalink)
ALL UP ON THE INTERWEB!!!

skidmark - super snail - '89 honda civic wagon WAGOVAN
Team "Old SKOOL"
90 day: 30.87 mpg (US)

Pituca - '19 Honda Insight Touring
90 day: 39.34 mpg (US)
Yeah, I guess the back window is pretty full now...

Old 09-18-2014, 10:42 PM   #55 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

In VA you can only have stickers on the lower 6 inches of your rear windshield. Oh wait, you got a 3rd brake light down there...

Xist, if you are or were in the Army get your plates and military id and keep them handy to flaunt. They work just as good as being related to a cop.
Old 09-19-2014, 12:14 AM   #56 (permalink)
Furry Furfag

Winsight - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 56.69 mpg (US)

Miaderp - '95 Mazda Miata
90 day: 28.53 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrmouseyd15b View Post
as promised

Victor.
I can't wait! Let me know how it turns out!
Old 09-19-2014, 01:00 AM   #57 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.79 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobb View Post
Xist, if you are or were in the Army get your plates and military id and keep them handy to flaunt. They work just as good as being related to a cop.
I have long wanted Veteran plates, but when I was Active Duty, they always told us to not draw attention to ourselves, and especially not to be recognizable as Soldiers, so I traveled in my suit with a suitcase, while other Soldiers wore normal clothes, but with Army bags, and were drunk and disorderly.

When I came home from Germany and bought my dad's car, I was driving down and was caught by highway patrol at the bottom of a big hill. I apologized, explained that I just came home from a couple of years in Germany driving on the Autobahn, and was having difficulty readjusting. He asked to see my military ID and then sent me on my way.

Recently, though, I had officers thank me for my service as they wrote me up for things that I did not do.

That was awkward.
Old 09-19-2014, 07:03 AM   #58 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Many years ago i was pulled over at 1am. I think he was looking for a curfew violation. I was over 18, and on my way home from work. I was polite and answered his questions and the he gave me a ticket saying my brake lights didn't work. I watched the reflection in his windshield as i pumped the brakes. They worked fine. I said thank you, i'll have to look at that in the morning, and took the ticket. Ten minutes later, i stopped at the station and had the desk officer cancel the ticket. He asked if i wanted to file A complaint, i said 'no, just tell him when he comes in that if he was suspicious, that's fine i didn't mind the stop, just the bogus ticket.'
Old 09-19-2014, 11:11 AM   #59 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.79 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Jaylhouse, that was a weird experience, but at least you were able to prove that it was fake. I avoid driving at night whenever I can, but if there is a girl involved, I can only see her at night! The other night I checked my lights, I am not sure that I had ever done that in my personal car, and I wondered what I would do if I received a ticket like yours.

That is simple enough!
Old 09-19-2014, 12:12 PM   #60 (permalink)
Rat Racer

Al the Third, year four - '13 Honda Fit Base
Team Honda
90 day: 42.9 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,922 Times in 1,246 Posts
Veteran plates don't work anywhere near as well as Guard plates. One says "I used to have a crappy job" and the other says "I'm in right now, and I'm a local." Of course, that only works in your own state, the out of state penalty still applies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdog44 View Post
Transmission type Efficiency
Manual neutral engine off.100% @MPG <----- Fun Fact.
Manual 1:1 gear ratio .......98%
CVT belt ............................88%
Automatic .........................86%

The Following User Says Thank You to Fat Charlie For This Useful Post:
Xist (09-19-2014)
Reply  Post New Thread