Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2015, 09:49 PM   #31 (permalink)
Hydrogen > EV

Silver Flea - '05 Honda Insight
90 day: 58.96 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mechanic View Post
If you are 230 then you have another 95 pounds of weight capacity for a total of 325 pounds. THAT is the manufacturers rated capacity. Sounds a couple hundred overloaded to me and I did own a 1st gen Insight.

It needed $6k in warranty work in 30k miles, equal to 20 of my current Sentras, not including the purchase price which would be 33 more Sentras.

OP can also write off $20k a year on his taxes.

regards
mech
They seem to do alright. That isn't often I take trips, it is mostly for my small commutes and transporting my dog. But before whatever gear I have and my roommate, that is 300+ pounds...with her, it is almost 500...if it is my buddy, then approaching 600. I think he's losing weight doing cross fit instead of powerlifting, while me powerlifting and (attempting) expanding into strongman, I am gaining weight lol. I didn't realize how much I put these little guys through!

Best Tanks:
Mustang - 54.83 mpg (US) at the Green Grand Prix
Insight - 82.91966 mpg (US) over 818.5 miles.
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 03-03-2015, 11:56 AM   #32 (permalink)
Master Novice

Josie - '87 Toyota Pickup
90 day: 40.02 mpg (US)

Felicia - '09 Toyota Prius Base
90 day: 49.62 mpg (US)
If you can accept it, then it's acceptable. That's all that matters. You're the one with the car, not us.

Looks like good numbers to me, though. I'm struggling to get within shouting distance of 50mpg with all the cold and snow.

Lead or follow. Either is fine.
Old 03-09-2015, 06:38 PM   #33 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

2011 Prius - '11 Toyota Prius II
After 4 fill-ups my average is 53.6, speed limit on surface streets and 63mph on the highway, the limit here is 70mph, using cruise everywhere I go.

I was happy to find the alloys behind the hub caps, went to a local hardware store and got some knock out seals for center caps, only 87 cents each

I also noticed a god awful noise coming from the battery fan the day after I bought it, and not wanting to return to the dealer, I cleaned it myself, only took about 30 min start to finish, but I still ordered filter for it to prevent something like that happening again. I ordered the filter here: Toyota - FILTER, HYBRID VEHICLE BATTERY Part Number: G92DH-47010
came to $15 shipped

And judging buy the other things I found back there, I'd say the previous owner was a Hispanic woman with children that doesn't know what she wants to do with her life.....

Reply  Post New Thread