Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Success Stories
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2013, 08:59 PM   #11 (permalink)
herp derp Apprentice

Saturn-sold - '99 saturn sc1
Team Saturn
90 day: 28.28 mpg (US)

Yukon - '03 GMC Yukon Denali
90 day: 13.74 mpg (US)
its had a heck of a run, my friend threw in the towel on a 99 sephia in 2004, due to numerous mechanical issues. yours has been going almost 3 times as long

The Following User Says Thank You to 2000mc For This Useful Post:
justme1969 (01-31-2013)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 01-31-2013, 08:16 AM   #12 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Ive got a 15 and 16 year old son who are due to get learners permits.
I gave them ultimatums 1 month or I sell this thing for $400.
and they will then have to fix the civic if they want driving lessons and a beater car.
I already haave 3 people who want to buy it just because of the project itself.
Ive been posting MPG on back window for 2+ months and others have been keeping track.
The darn thing looks kinda neat with side skirts, front spoiler rake, side mirrors removed and drivers side folded back, I was just about to do disck covers on front and wheel skirt on back. sorta glad this way its up to the next person to add thier hand.
But thier buying some new front rotors Im tired of working on this thing myself!
Old 02-01-2013, 03:20 PM   #13 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

As this car and its history with me come to a close I thought I could provide a little tru drama we shared. It was such a POS it couldnt even get stolen! easy to laugh about it now.

It does happen, so don’t ever believe it wouldn’t happen to you!
Its Friday night Nov. 2011 9pm; my children and I have settled in at home, after a Thanksgiving get together at my sisters place.
My two youngest are already in bed, and my oldest and I are at opposite ends of the house playing computer games.
My daughter tells me someone is trying to start my car.?
My first thoughts are my 15 year old son is in the car so go and stop him before anything gets out of control. First mistake.
Moving through the house put my eldest son in a blind spot and I’m in no real hurry yet thinking that he had accidentally cranked the car trying to get the interior light to work to find something. Second and third mistakes here.
Then I hear the car crank up as reach the front door! This puts me into high gear and before I can think about it Ive neatly closed 15 yards most of the distance to the car yelling a few French words that I believed my son would understand and stop by.
This is the moment I see not my son but another man and he is beginning to back it out of my driveway. The list of mistakes now depends upon if you are a pacifist or a type A personality such as myself.
The Type ”A” adrenaline moved me into a flurry of movements that must have been amazing to see because in less than a second I had not only closed another 8 yards on my car that was moving away from me now!, but had opened the driver’s door, grabbed the as yet unconvicted felon by the neck, provided one very solid left cross and then shut the car off.
My next step was to extricate him when I seen the gun swinging up to my head, with more amazing speed my left hand dropped the keys and grabbed the barrel just as it had reached a position where I was nearly staring into the bore.
With a as seen on TV move I took it away and threw it up to my house, the fellow dove out of the car and again in a as seen on TV rolled and came up running. That was a shock to me because now I realized he was not alone! His partner was in a Truck coming down the street towards us with the lights off.
I zipped into my house and yelled for all the children to get into my room I grabbed my Pistol “ better late than never I guess!” I returned to my yard, armed now, very dangerous, extremely pissed off, and alert!
Quickly checking the yard and street revealed nothing . So I thought I should have a gun advantage should they decide to return and retrieved my semi Auto 12 gage already loaded with 000 buck shot.
Cops showed up took the gun into custody unloaded 22 magnum hollow points and dove off after them this was 3 days ago, haven’t seen the sheriff’s department since.
Don’t assume nobody would ever do it to 2 u Don’t assume that your neighborhood is safe. If you are the type A person don’t trick yourself into not being prepared. If you are the type B person keep telling yourself that I got lucky! I did for real but it could have been a lot worse if I would have done nothing. I will be updating my will this week and also providing a living will with it, as I told the deputy That’s enough! For those who have seen my Junker KIA car I nearly died because someone needed it to commit another crime perhaps armed robbery, or a drive by shooting. Realize Now! that you shouldn’t open the mystery Jar of life, if you aren’t prepared to get what’s inside.
Steve

Reply  Post New Thread

Tags
2000 sephia, dam v/s spoiler, junker kia, my old kia, sephia