Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Aerodynamics
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2011, 03:19 AM   #71 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Boo Radley - '65 Ford F100
90 day: 13.28 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead View Post
I did a workup with the plan view photo of the EV-1.I'll post it when I can.I think it will explain a lot about GM's numbers.
I have a plan view of the 1st-gen Insight also,there's really no comparison.
Also,when you compare windshields between the two cars you'll see a distinct advantage with the Impact/EV-1 architecture.
PS,EV-1 has a pretty sweet underside.
I do think the EV1's wraparound rear glass affords the airflow more opportunity to freely move about the C pillar, which would help much more in crosswinds. That may not make a difference in Cd testing but it definitely would in real life. I wish I could get this EV1 out and do a tuft test on it. That would explain so much.

The EV1's underside is a beautiful thing.

Any updates on the trailer? I read the vast majority of this thread tonight and would love to see some finished photos!

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 11-20-2012, 05:32 AM   #72 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 31.19 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Aerohead, I am always impressed by the knowledge and experience that you bring to this forum. Then there is me. I am taking Physics 101 and I earned a sixty-four on my last test, but instead of studying for it I studied for Anatomy--and earned a fifty-six.

Hopefully, I will check back on this when I actually have time for it. Meanwhile, good luck and good job!
Old 11-20-2012, 06:01 PM   #73 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,219 Times in 4,646 Posts
updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven7 View Post
I do think the EV1's wraparound rear glass affords the airflow more opportunity to freely move about the C pillar, which would help much more in crosswinds. That may not make a difference in Cd testing but it definitely would in real life. I wish I could get this EV1 out and do a tuft test on it. That would explain so much.

The EV1's underside is a beautiful thing.

Any updates on the trailer? I read the vast majority of this thread tonight and would love to see some finished photos!
Sven7,sorry for the late response.
I saw Gary in September after Bonneville.He had sold his home and moved into another house and was in the process of working on it.So it looks like the trailer will languish until he's out of the woods on the house.
He continues to accumulate a database on the Prius.We'll just have to wait 'n see.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:13 PM   #74 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,219 Times in 4,646 Posts
studying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
Aerohead, I am always impressed by the knowledge and experience that you bring to this forum. Then there is me. I am taking Physics 101 and I earned a sixty-four on my last test, but instead of studying for it I studied for Anatomy--and earned a fifty-six.

Hopefully, I will check back on this when I actually have time for it. Meanwhile, good luck and good job!
Xist,thanks for the kind words.
As an engineering student I flunked College Algebra my first semester.Not an encouraging start! I never dropped a course,but rather gleaned whatever I could 'til the semester ended.
I was on scholastic probation at one point.
I did finally learn to study and I ended up on the Dean's Honor Roll.
Keep focused on your studies and we'll endeavor to keep the turbulence demons at bay until you can check back in.
With Physics and Anatomy it sounds like pre-med,or pre-dental etc..You'll need to keep your GPA way up there.Best to you!
Old 11-24-2012, 10:19 PM   #75 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 31.19 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Aerohead, thank you very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead View Post
Xist,thanks for the kind words.
As an engineering student I flunked College Algebra my first semester.Not an encouraging start! I never dropped a course,but rather gleaned whatever I could 'til the semester ended.
I was on scholastic probation at one point.
I did finally learn to study and I ended up on the Dean's Honor Roll.
Keep focused on your studies and we'll endeavor to keep the turbulence demons at bay until you can check back in.
With Physics and Anatomy it sounds like pre-med,or pre-dental etc..You'll need to keep your GPA way up there.Best to you!
Having earned a Bachelors in Spanish, I researched in-demand fields and decided on Speech-Language Pathology. I will need a 3.7 with my second degree to be competitive for the Master's program. I only had a 2.97 in Spanish, so I guess that I had better get back to my studies. I finally accomplished something and wanted to check in.

I hope that you have a great weekend!

The Following User Says Thank You to Xist For This Useful Post:
aerohead (11-26-2012)
Reply  Post New Thread