Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Success Stories
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2013, 09:28 PM   #21 (permalink)
Making the Beast SIP fuel

Leeroy Jenkins - '13 Ford F150 Ecoboost XLT XTR
90 day: 17.81 mpg (US)
Bondo, have you played around with any below truck air diffusers to help smooth airflow from below the vehicle ?

I have to get one of you Aero-Caps- lol !

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondo View Post
Did some road testing with my friend Melaney's Ecoboost. I built her a black Aerolid about a year ago. We tested the fold away boat tail with the Aerolid on her truck in latter April of this year.

The road test was a 200 mile round trip on I-30 from Little Rock to Hope Arkansas and back @ 70 mph. Conditions were ideal with winds light and variable and air temperature between 78 and 82 degrees.

The fuel efficiency result was 28.73 mpg hwy (US) for the road test. This beats the upcoming mandated CAFE 28.6 mpg hwy figure for light trucks by 2015 year model.

This is but one road test with Melaney's truck with the lid/boat tail combo. In multiple road tests using my 2009 F 150 4.2 liter which is rated at 20 mpg hwy, a consistent 25.5 to 26 mpg hwy was realized @ 70 mph driving the same route we used to road test the black Ecoboost with the combo.

Bondo

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 09-08-2013, 01:26 PM   #22 (permalink)
Making the Beast SIP fuel

Leeroy Jenkins - '13 Ford F150 Ecoboost XLT XTR
90 day: 17.81 mpg (US)
Quick update :

I set a new short run record tonight !

Top of the Cochrane hill to Panorama Hills (Calgary) - run of 32 km, drove it 90km/hr the whole way in medium rain. slight rolling hills with 2 NASTY ones towards the end (but I made up the lost mpg on the downhill sides). Zero'd my Scan gauge and Truck MPG - result :

(*not sure if the cooler air was a little more dense and helped the motor. Also - his tank has been a 91 octane tank - the truck REALLY likes the rich stuff.)

Reply  Post New Thread