Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Events & Meet-ups
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2016, 02:34 PM   #21 (permalink)
Eco of course

I have to beat that light 200mpg car lol but I plan on beating it in a typical 3000lb car with a standard gasoline engine. The more particle solution to everyday vehicles on the road. Now doing with with Cenruion light car is great but not so particle

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-07-2016, 10:59 PM   #22 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Light weight is useful but air drag reduction is key. A practical vehicle can be anything from a 3 speed bicycle to a minivan
Old 04-09-2016, 12:05 PM   #23 (permalink)
Eco of course

practical, what i mean by that.. we should be able to buy whatever car and get at least 120 mpg on pump gas regardless of having 1000hp engine.

bike doesn't use gas.. doesn't count and isn't all that practical such as going on a 140 mile trip, lets say to grandmas house.

this is what i mean
Old 04-09-2016, 05:18 PM   #24 (permalink)
Neutral is my favorite

The Black Pearl - '03 Mercury Marauder 300A
Team Panther

Land Yacht - '08 Lincoln Navigator L Ultimate
90 day: 15.89 mpg (US)

Tank of Justice III - '97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP
Team Panther
90 day: 23.1 mpg (US)
I hate to inform all of you, but I will not be able to make it.
I ran into some timing issues and won't have enough time to fix it . I've been run ragged at work the past few weeks, and I barely have enough energy to stay awake when I get home, let alone, go out in the garage and work.
I do apologize, but i WILL be there next year.

-ryan s.
2003 Mercury Marauder- 63k, not so fuel efficient; #1,548 of 11,052
2008 Lincoln Navigator L - 244k (don't ask about mpg)

Old 04-09-2016, 11:21 PM   #25 (permalink)
OCD Master EcoModder

Outasight - '00 Honda Insight
Team Honda
Gen-1 Insights
90 day: 54.18 mpg (US)
Aw, man, that's a bummer.

We will miss you.

Um, if they give you a huge break at work... any chance?? Probably not. If the car still needs stuff assembled, you can't drive a car that's not built.

Take care of yourself; get rest and good food.
And we'll look forward to seeing you next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt98t View Post
I hate to inform all of you, but I will not be able to make it.
I ran into some timing issues and won't have enough time to fix it . I've been run ragged at work the past few weeks, and I barely have enough energy to stay awake when I get home, let alone, go out in the garage and work.
I do apologize, but i WILL be there next year.

-ryan s.

Old 04-09-2016, 11:55 PM   #26 (permalink)
Hydrogen > EV

Silver Flea - '05 Honda Insight
90 day: 58.96 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucepick View Post

Related, for all our drivers - Re. Turn 1: I strongly recommend you arrive at the end of the preceding straightaway over at the far left of the available roadway. Turn right so you cut across the inner corner of the right hand turn. Of course you can only do that if there's nobody on your right. You must check for that carefully.

Then when past the inner corner, continue on that path so you end up in a middle or left lane as you leave the turn. This path makes the turn much more gentle - that is, a larger radius. Otherwise it would be a very tight corner and will give you trouble unless going very slow.

I prefer the driving line, but it seems many professionals succeed with the late apex. For some parts of the track I was using the longest route possible to extend miles traveled (EOC), but it seemed that FC was less by clipping the apex and maintaining higher speed out of the turn. Specifically, turn 5 (the outer loop) (short circuit, for newcomers).

I'm very excited, but my car was supposed to be finished this past Wednesday. Now I am relying on everything being completed the Wednesday morning before, so don't expect it to be painted, or to 100% stay on...I'm not ruining my lap time to pick up pieces and parts!

Best Tanks:
Mustang - 54.83 mpg (US) at the Green Grand Prix
Insight - 82.91966 mpg (US) over 818.5 miles.
Old 04-10-2016, 09:08 AM   #27 (permalink)
Hydrogen > EV

As of 27 seconds ago, I need a navigator!

Best Tanks:
Old 04-10-2016, 09:58 AM   #28 (permalink)
OCD Master EcoModder

Outasight - '00 Honda Insight
Team Honda
Gen-1 Insights
90 day: 54.18 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post

I prefer the driving line, but it seems many professionals succeed with the late apex. For some parts of the track I was using the longest route possible to extend miles traveled (EOC), but it seemed that FC was less by clipping the apex and maintaining higher speed out of the turn. Specifically, turn 5 (the outer loop) (short circuit, for newcomers).

I'm very excited, but my car was supposed to be finished this past Wednesday. Now I am relying on everything being completed the Wednesday morning before, so don't expect it to be painted, or to 100% stay on...I'm not ruining my lap time to pick up pieces and parts!
Navigator needed - per UltArc's post further up above. This is important!

Corner path drawing:
This is excellent. Steve/UltArc, thanks for posting this. I had not seen these two versions of driving the corner before.

I think at least partially, which line is better depends on your car's handling and its ability to navigate tight corners.

Relating this specifically to Turn One at the Glen, I think the late apex line makes a lot of sense, at least in the Civic and Accord that I've driven on this track.

My reasoning: There's a gentle downgrade in the straight approaching the turn, but it's not enough to change your speed quickly. No real worries there. However part way into the turn, the downslope increases rapidly. If you take the Racing Line, your speed increases as you pass through the section where the words "THE RACING LINE" appear. So you're at or near max speed for the turn, at the point where you need to bend right, to straighten out . Referencing the tan and white patches shown on the outside of the turn, that point is at the second white patch. That may be the WRONG place to be going fast. Just a guess on my part.

Taking the "Late Apex" path instead, you execute a tighter radius turn at the beginning. Referencing the tan and white patches shown on the INSIDE of the turn, that point is at the first brown patch. You're still going at a pretty tame speed here, so a tighter radius turn is probably easier. The straightening out phase looks to be much more gradual, so it should be easier to execute while the hill is accelerating your car.

This year, in my new-to-me Insight... we'll see how it goes! It's not famous for superb cornering on those skinny low rolling resistance tires. But I love driving the twisties.

The Following User Says Thank You to brucepick For This Useful Post:
UltArc (04-10-2016)
Old 04-10-2016, 10:50 AM   #29 (permalink)
Hydrogen > EV

The only other thing I would add is that going down a slope straight (little lateral force) should maximize it- but pulling to a side may negatively impact 100% full advantage of the gain from the slope.

Best Tanks:
Old 04-10-2016, 07:34 PM   #30 (permalink)

I broke my laptop and finally recovered my account on this new computer. I'm just going to spectate this year. I would suggest Gasoline Fumes as a navigator UltArc. I think he's really into rally racing from his FB feed. If you don't have a navigator by race day, you can count on me as a backup. I've already enjoyed the experience of being both driver and navigator, so i would prefer a member here to be able to have that experience for the first time.

Tags
2016 green grand prix, ggp, team