EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Events & Meet-ups (https://ecomodder.com/forum/events-meet-ups.html)
-   -   2018 Green Grand Prix - Watkins Glen - Friday Apr. 13 (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/2018-green-grand-prix-watkins-glen-friday-apr-36047.html)

brucepick 01-13-2018 05:01 PM

2018 Green Grand Prix - Watkins Glen - Friday Apr. 13

2018 Green Grand Prix
Watkins Glen
Friday Apr. 13

This is always a great event.
Hypermile on the way up and back for personal satisfaction.
Hypermile to the max on the world class track to demonstrate what CAN be done!
Cars of all classes have scored very impressive mpg in this competition.
Target average speed of 45 mph allows superb mpg, and still enables some speedy fun in the the turns.

Green Grand Prix - Home

Who's in this year?
I plan to be there.

It's scheduled for one week later than it was last year. Hopefully it won't snow!

svt98t 01-15-2018 08:53 PM

I got the email from Bob last week. I was going to start this year's thread shortly, but it looks like you got to it!!
I'll be there, for certain.

-ryan s.

Vman455 01-31-2018 10:15 PM

There's a good chance I'll be able to make it this year. I got roped into singing with one of the university choirs, and they're doing a concert Apr. 14 in NYC for UI's 150th, with a free day on the 13th. I should be able to drive up after our concert in Pittsburgh Apr. 12 and have all day to spend at Watkins Glen!

Grant-53 02-01-2018 10:43 PM

I enjoyed working the event last year wind, snow, and all. I don't own a hyper mile car and aero mopeds have no class. Maybe I could run the family minivan as a baseline vehicle and put the bike on display.

Gasoline Fumes 02-02-2018 04:08 AM

I plan to be there, but I don't think I'll have anything to compete in.

Goofy1 02-07-2018 06:32 PM

I'm thinking of coming this year (finally). Where do the out of towners stay? I was going to bring the motorhome but a couple of the campgrounds that I checked weren't even open for the season yet! If I make it, I'll probably enter the MINI in the stock 4 cyl catagory.

Goofy1 03-08-2018 09:02 PM

ANYONE, can you help a noob out?? Registration sent. Where to stay? Any tips or tricks to prepare? Any thoughts on dinner on the 12th? Here I go moving at the speed of :turtle:!

brucepick 03-10-2018 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goofy1 (Post 563156)
ANYONE, can you help a noob out?? Registration sent. Where to stay? Any tips or tricks to prepare? Any thoughts on dinner on the 12th? Here I go moving at the speed of :turtle:!

Sorry for the delayed response. I haven't checked in for a while, as you can see.

I'm impressed - driving up from Kentucky? I don't remember seeing a Mini at the Green Grand Prix last year. Maybe none in recent years?

The last few years, some ecomodders have stayed at Seneca Lodge. I think it should come up if you google the name.

My brother and I are staying at Fairfield Inn Corning (actually located on Rt 64 in Horseheads) because I have loyalty points I can use there.

I'm sure if you're interested in lower prices spreads, there should be Motel 6, EconoLodge, etc. not too far away.

Dinner - we've had some gatherings at Seneca Lodge In recent years when someone had a cabin there. If one or more of us stay there and would like to host a dinner, that would be very fine. Speak up here, please!

brucepick 03-10-2018 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goofy1 (Post 563156)

I have some notes from past years, on driving this competition. I'll send you a pm here, we need to move to email for that stuff.

Vman455 03-10-2018 02:47 PM

Well, it's official--I'm coming this year. I'll be driving up late Thursday night from Pittsburgh and camping in the car somewhere. The autocross portion should be fun.

I will need a navigator for the fuel economy rally, if anyone knows of someone who might volunteer.