Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Off-Topic Tech
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2013, 08:47 PM   #131 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

seems to drive better now that I put all the tires on. front two tires are 44 max psi back two tires are 35 max psi

I also took it to a local car rx to get the exhaust looked at for free. while it was up on the lift i went and checked it out. on the exhaust diagram on #24. after that it looks like the exhaust was redone. and the area circled is where a lot of air was coming out and why my car was makn so much noise. that area had been rusted and was corroding away. they clamped it for free and gave me a quote to do the rest of the exhaust. ill have to figure out the parts myself from here

the only thing left I can think of is to check the timing and I have yet to buy a timing gun to do the job. thats most definetely my next step. still getting pretty descent hesitation on low pedal load and lower rpms gets worse.still not getting a single CEL either

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 01-11-2013, 09:23 PM   #132 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Rusty crusty trusty - '94 Honda Civic Cx
90 day: 36.13 mpg (US)

Vx - '92 Honda Civic Vx
90 day: 49.97 mpg (US)
Love the wrong front right fender.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:34 PM   #133 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty94cx View Post
Love the wrong front right fender.
Lol its how i got it.it works though
Old 01-12-2013, 12:02 PM   #134 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

finally figured out the timing part. timing is right on.
could this exhaust leak be it? getting quite frustrated. I would have thought the timing was off but its absolutely fine.

hole in exhaust. local shop put a clamp on there for free. toned down the noise quite a bit didnt 100% fix the issue tho

engine bay pic while timing

Last edited by RatherDashing; 01-12-2013 at 12:49 PM..
Old 01-13-2013, 03:51 PM   #135 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Well after doing some more research. theres a couple of things left i can think of.im debating on using sea foam in the tank, vacuum line, and crankcase next oil change

The pipe that i need to replace is pipe B the resonator system.found one online for 100$ with free shipping.not sure but would a hole in that area cause hesitation like im having? An engineer at my workplace might be able to weld the pipe on for me cheaper than a shop.if this doesnt do it i will probably attempt to sea foam the system.

Iv also read about cleaning the egr ports as well.on my crx they were welded.on this one though there are caps over the hole areas.is there someway to get them out?
Old 01-15-2013, 11:25 AM   #136 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Replaced fuel filter this morning.completely fixed hesitation issues and starts right up.it looked brand new to me never thought of looking at it
Old 01-15-2013, 01:51 PM   #137 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
You need a battery hold down strap. If a fuel filter fixed your problem then you might want to get fuel at another station.

regards
Mech
Old 01-15-2013, 02:08 PM   #138 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mechanic View Post
You need a battery hold down strap. If a fuel filter fixed your problem then you might want to get fuel at another station.

regards
Mech
Iv always been getting gas from the same gas station never had any issues.its had the hesitation issues since i got the car. just never thought to check it because previous owner thought he replaced it.guess not lol. i drove it down the road to actually put in half a tank of gas.drove a lot smoother. when in leanburn i still have that wierd feeling itl start hesitation.but it rides smooth.never knew about the battery strap part
Old 01-16-2013, 01:16 PM   #139 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Old 01-17-2013, 11:08 PM   #140 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

So im having a lot of trouble finding a descent worth the price civic vx/cx transmission around my area.
Guy at shop said that i needed a new transmission.getting the transmission issue fixed is next on my list
I just need some help on how i should go about doing it.shoud i just get a new bearing.exedy clutch kit and just go ahead and drop it and replace the bearing and clutch and put it all back it.
Also should i replace the flywheel while im down there? Any other seals or bearings i shud replace in the process? Im guna really start saving to do this as soon as possible.
I also noticed very little coolant building up by the engine stamp and going to locate the source of that while i do sea foam treatment and oil change tommorrow.

I really dont see why i would need a new one.its shifts into all the gears without grinding.and has no popouts at all

Reply  Post New Thread

Tags
civic vx, honda