Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Off-Topic Tech
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2013, 11:19 PM   #221 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Rusty crusty trusty - '94 Honda Civic Cx
90 day: 36.13 mpg (US)

Vx - '92 Honda Civic Vx
90 day: 49.97 mpg (US)
A lot of ft lbs on the impact you can't really have to many. You have the wrong harmonic balancer on the car. It should have the nut looking cut out in it. The 1.6 & 1.5 both have the same balancer. Cheap tools always break. Heck I've broke snapon breaker bars. Use 1/2 inch and try the shortest extension you can. You have the chain backwards than he does in the vid you are going counterclockwise right. What brand extension? Try napa or at least craftsman. Possibly the lowes brand they actually look decent.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 03-05-2013, 11:36 PM   #222 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

im going to get an impact wrench tommorrow.ughh. the fact that i have the wrong harmonic balancer on there psses me off. pretty much my only choice is to get an impact. how many lbs are we talking about tho

Shop Kobalt 1/2-in 500 ft-lbs Air Impact Wrench at Lowes.com

this is the one that im looking at

so do i need a new harmonic balancer as well? could that be why this car has been running so wierd this whole time?
Old 03-05-2013, 11:49 PM   #223 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Vx - '92 Honda Civic Vx
Ingersoll-Rand 231C 1/2-Inch Super-Duty Air Impact Wrench:Amazon:Home Improvement

That might be strong enough those bolts are on there. This would defiantly get it done.
Ingersoll-Rand 2135TiMAX 1/2-Inch Air Impact Wrench:Amazon:Home Improvement
Pricey but it's the only one you ld ever buy.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:55 PM   #224 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

well if i got that then would i have to replace the crankshaft pulley as well?
if so
its 13811-P00-T00 right?

just never thought this would be the wrong one. but if it works fine. i want to make sure i wouldnt need to get a new one after i get the timing belt back on and everything. or if the wrong pulley might throw off the timing or something
Old 03-06-2013, 10:38 AM   #225 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

been going at it with the impact for quite a while. still no luck yet.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:22 PM   #226 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

after several hours of failed atttempts with the impact wrench i went thru and double checked all the valve adjustments and installed the new distributor. car started fine
engine sounds a little bit better no more of the slight ticking i was hearing. just about to do the timing and have to take it to a shop later to get that bolt off. i tried everything. i have the new timing belt water pump will be on its way. when that time comes im going to have a shop loosen the bolt for me. and im going to get the correct pulley as well.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:36 PM   #227 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Still getting hesitation.definitely not distributor. Rpms roughly low before running it.but after its warmed up.i know it sounds wierd.but what has gotten a tad bit worse is the idle.not sure if thats related to hesitation and slight jerking.but rpms r usually at 1k and when neutral. Rise and fall rise and fall above 1k.so my guess is a vacuum leak sumwhere. i did get a new gasket for iacv and im going to make sure the bottom of pcv valve is in there tight.also check the tightness of timing belt.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:50 PM   #228 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Vx - '92 Honda Civic Vx
No you don't have the wrong balancer some had that style. Ive never had one but they say there are some like that on some of the d15s. Some guys say 1000ft lbs. Some get away with 650. Try to tighten and loosen the bolt. A back and forth sometimes helps. You can try heat but you probably don't have a set of torches. Also try not to use any extensions just the tool and the socket if you can. The way the vac gauge was reading you could still have a vac leak spray carb cleaner around all hoses and all along intake. If it does run better with the 02 unplugged then suck it up and buy one. Look whos talking I'm on budget mode I need one.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:01 PM   #229 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty94cx View Post
No you don't have the wrong balancer some had that style. Ive never had one but they say there are some like that on some of the d15s. Some guys say 1000ft lbs. Some get away with 650. Try to tighten and loosen the bolt. A back and forth sometimes helps. You can try heat but you probably don't have a set of torches. Also try not to use any extensions just the tool and the socket if you can. The way the vac gauge was reading you could still have a vac leak spray carb cleaner around all hoses and all along intake. If it does run better with the 02 unplugged then suck it up and buy one. Look whos talking I'm on budget mode I need one.
I found he right tool for removal there was one online i bought.if that dont do it ill take it to a shop to have them loosen it.i have torches those were no luck either.

Last i did seafoam just a little stream of smoke was coming from o2 sensor. Im wondering either i didnt tighten the o2/exhaust manifold on tight enough or the 1 stripped bolt on the exhaust manifold makes that much of a difference.

I still have the iacv gasket to put on.but def a vacuum leak sumwhere.

Also read about using a blowtorch and air compressor on o2 to clean it out
Old 03-06-2013, 09:12 PM   #230 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Vx - '92 Honda Civic Vx
You can try to clean an 02 I've never had any luck.

Reply  Post New Thread

Tags
civic vx, honda