Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2013, 12:51 PM   #31 (permalink)
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj636 View Post
First tank went great. I had one trip of about 80 miles with the A/C on for the wife, but overall I went 410 miles on 9.5 gallons = 43.15. That is a 2.8 mpg increase over the best yet.
Thanks for the update. A quick question (not much time and I don't want to forget): Are you planning any ABA testing? This kind of easily reversed and reinstalled mod is ideal for such testing. Without it, I'm afraid you really can't know if the resistor is helping or hurting because there are just too many other factors, especially given the warming weather. You really need to control other factors to know the effect.

Respectfully,
james

See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 05-05-2013, 03:01 PM   #32 (permalink)
EcoModding Observer

Civic - '98 Honda Civic DX
Team Honda
90 day: 45.83 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by California98Civic View Post
Thanks for the update. A quick question (not much time and I don't want to forget): Are you planning any ABA testing? This kind of easily reversed and reinstalled mod is ideal for such testing. Without it, I'm afraid you really can't know if the resistor is helping or hurting because there are just too many other factors, especially given the warming weather. You really need to control other factors to know the effect.

Respectfully,
james
Sorry for the late reply, but yes I do plan on ABA testing. I haven't driven the car the past week because I took a week off from work

I have two full tanks with the resistor in, 43.1 & 43.6 MPG. I will be removing the resistor for this week's commute since the weather will be consistent & the same as the last two tanks.
Old 05-29-2013, 03:12 PM   #33 (permalink)
EcoModding Observer

Team Honda
UPDATE:

looks like the oxygenated fuel is gone and we are officially back to the summer blend!

I took the resistor out the week that the fuel change happened and netted back to back 45 MPG averages, this is with 75 degree ambient & 90-110 degree intake temps ( no resistor )

my next two tanks will be with the resistor installed..
Old 07-18-2013, 02:48 PM   #34 (permalink)
EcoModding Observer

Team Honda
looks like I'm averaging 45MPG @ 65MPH this summer. I have seen a few 50MPG trips but have had to use the A/C a few days on the ride home (black car/black interior = oven). Even with tinted windows it's brutal.

Old 08-15-2013, 12:04 PM   #35 (permalink)
EcoModding Observer

Team Honda
since my last update I have achieved a best of 47.6 mpg for one tank of fuel. I have been averaging about 47 mpg for the past month.

65 mph max, I wonder what 60 mph would net me?