Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2016, 05:33 PM   #131 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

ND Miata - '15 Mazda MX-5 Special Package
90 day: 40.51 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,554 Posts
FWIW I'm doing mirror deletes and replacing them with cameras on my Insight. Check the last page on my build thread to follow what I'm doing, and I'll keep an eye on your thread too.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 12-11-2016, 08:09 PM   #132 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

MPGeo - '93 Geo Metro Base
90 day: 67.51 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
FWIW I'm doing mirror deletes and replacing them with cameras on my Insight. Check the last page on my build thread to follow what I'm doing, and I'll keep an eye on your thread too.
I looked at the last page... I like the concept, and I would love print me a delete cover w/the camera pod built-in, but it will be a while on that.

I'll keep an eye out for your progress. Thanks.
Old 12-24-2016, 10:33 PM   #133 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

I'm glad that you're in a state that allows mirror deletes-not all states do.
Old 01-03-2017, 04:23 PM   #134 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by order99 View Post
I'm glad that you're in a state that allows mirror deletes-not all states do.
Actually I don't know if they do or don't... And I don't care
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MPGeo For This Useful Post:
me and my metro (01-03-2017), ME_Andy (06-13-2017)
Old 06-11-2017, 04:48 PM   #135 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

It'S aLiVe...

So it's been a minute since I've logged onto the site...

I'm happy to announce that my little Metro has been working great, and has been a very reliable commuter.

19,252 miles on the odometer (which reads aprox 1.7% less) since the day I put it on the road... Oct-2016. and I'm averaging 53-55mpg/tank @ 55-70mph mixed driving. My highest tank to date has been 59.89mpg/tank - my highest trip to date 61.25mpg (70mile trip)

I've been very happy with the results, and haven't done any further mods, other than putting plastic over my hub caps..... I have been working on finishing the b200 over the winter & srping, which it's done, all for molding the front bumper.

And soon I'm going to be tackling all the mods I've been dreaming up for my project.... So PHASE II of this project is brewing up!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MPGeo For This Useful Post:
Bicycle Bob (06-11-2017), Daox (06-11-2017), freebeard (06-11-2017)
Old 06-11-2017, 09:05 PM   #136 (permalink)
Administrator

CM400E - '81 Honda CM400E
90 day: 51.49 mpg (US)

Daox's Grey Prius - '04 Toyota Prius
Team Toyota
90 day: 49.53 mpg (US)

Daox's Insight - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 64.33 mpg (US)

Swarthy - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage DE
Mitsubishi
90 day: 56.69 mpg (US)

Daox's Volt - '13 Chevrolet Volt
Thanked 2,586 Times in 1,554 Posts
Woohoo, congrats. Mid 50 mpg is great! That is better than I did with my Metro.
Old 06-12-2017, 10:01 PM   #137 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daox View Post
Woohoo, congrats. Mid 50 mpg is great! That is better than I did with my Metro.
I seem to recall reading your metro thread some time in the past, and I thought you were getting upwards of 60mpg/tank on your metro

But either way, yesss... it's pretty good.

My driving is for the most part all highway w/ 70mph speed limits, and people be flying by... and I find myself pretty hard pressed going any slower than 65mph, very rarely do I feel safe driving 60mph. And most of the time I'm just trying to get to work on time, so I drive 65-70mph. Even then... and I know this sounds contradicting... but I still eco-drive. Killing engine and coasting down hills @70mph, drafting when possible, timing my accelerations, and what little lights I do have, etc, etc..

So if I just get up and drive 70mph w/ very little regards to ecodriving I still get 53'ish mpg /tank (This past winter I got as little as 46mpg./tank which has been my worst to date)... But when I do my best effort at hypermiling the same route, I can consistently squeeze 58-59mpg/tank. And yes, I think that's pretty impressive myself given that many other known mods haven't been done to it yet. I still have simple engine mods to do, and plenty of aero mods left, plus whatever other tricks I may whip-up... So who knows what the final mpg's may be???
Old 06-13-2017, 08:34 AM   #138 (permalink)
Administrator

CM400E - '81 Honda CM400E
90 day: 51.49 mpg (US)

Daox's Grey Prius - '04 Toyota Prius
Team Toyota
90 day: 49.53 mpg (US)

Daox's Insight - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 64.33 mpg (US)

Swarthy - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage DE
Mitsubishi
90 day: 56.69 mpg (US)

Daox's Volt - '13 Chevrolet Volt
Thanked 2,586 Times in 1,554 Posts
My lifetime average for the car was just a hair under 51.6 mpg. My best (full) tank was 65.7 mpg. My speeds were much lower than yours though. Most of my commute is 45 mph with lights sprinkled between. The big hiccup with mine was my engine had pretty low compression where as your is brand spankin' new basically (I'm jealous).

I checked your garage but didn't see it on your current mods list. For aeromods I would highly suggest an air dam. It seemed to make a very noticeable difference with my Metro and it was super easy and cheap to do. At 65-70 mph it would probably make a great difference.

Here is my garage entry for my Metro. It has links to all of my mods as well as my build thread.

Details: Daox's Metro - 1999 Chevrolet Metro Fuel Economy - EcoModder.com
Old 06-26-2017, 08:48 PM   #139 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
My best (full) tank was 65.7 mpg...(I'm jealous)
So I wasn't crazy... I had read your whole build thread in the past, back when I was buying the shift knob and what not... And I remembered your real life / full tank MPG's to be upwards of 60mpg... as I had mentioned.
And see, you were getting almost 66mpg ... No Sir, I'm the jealous one!

Quote:
I checked your garage but didn't see it on your current mods list. For aeromods I would highly suggest an air dam. It seemed to make a very noticeable difference...
Yeah, I'm pretty bad about staying "connected' and updating my stuff properly. I know we don't all read everyone's full threads... but it's in this thread, the air dam mod, pics an all. And I agree the air dam makes a very noticeable difference.

On a slightly different, yet related note. You mentioned (and I have read many times) about the driving conditions that allot of modders drive in order to obtain those great MPG #s
And I understand the concept fully... But driving @ 45mph is not a practical - nor realistic every day solution for some of us.

Even then, you had me wondering. If you could achieve 66mpg/tank with low compression and similar mods than mine (although your metro had more)... What would my best tank be if I drove similarly, or as much as possible So you left me thinking... and I tinkered a bit with the Geo right after one of my previous posts and I wound up installing the XFI computer that I had purchased w/ a cam during the build, but had never installed.

Immediately I noticed an increase in my bottom end torque, and started playing around w/ my shifting speed patterns. Wound up lowering my shift-points. And the first tank I drove (without measuring) seemed promising - like I had increased my mileage a bit. So I drove a second tank and gave me high 58's but I drove pretty hard most of that tank.

So last week I filled up and I committed myself to do a very aggressive (by my standards) eco-driving tank, to do see what my car would do under similar scenarios as some of you and to kinda test out the computer gains.

SO far it's looking very VERY promising.
Have been commuting for 4days and still have little under 1/4 tank left (I'm usually empty by 3.5 days worth) and I feel I can get one more full day of commuting out of it. I will post #s once I get them, w GPS data. I'm pretty certain it will be my best ever to date surpassing the 61.25mpg trip I once did.

Thanks for the motivation
The Following User Says Thank You to MPGeo For This Useful Post:
Daox (06-26-2017)
Old 06-26-2017, 08:49 PM   #140 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

I'll update my garage one of these days

Reply  Post New Thread