Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Aerodynamics
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2017, 05:17 PM   #21 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,554 Times in 7,041 Posts
Once again, proof no-one looked at the thread I linked in Permalink #16.

Allow me to quote from there:

Quote:
But in addition to smart software there is a need for a dirt cheap supercomputer cluster. I'm starting to like the Beaglebone X15:
Quote:
The BeagleBoard X15 ... is based on the TI Sitara AM5728 processor with two ARM Cortex-A15 cores running at 1.5 GHz, two ARM Cortex-M4 cores running at 212 MHz and two TI C66x DSP cores running at 700 MHz. The used processor provides USB 3.0 support and has a Power VR Dual Core SGX544 GPU running at 532 MHz.
About that Power VR SGX544 GPU:
Quote:
PowerVR Series5XT SGX chips are multi-core variants of the SGX series with some updates. It is included in the PlayStation Vita portable gaming device with the MP4+ Model of the PowerVR SGX543, the only intended difference, aside from the + indicating features customized for Sony, is the cores, where MP4 denotes 4 cores (quad-core) whereas the MP8 denotes 8 cores (octo-core). The Allwinner A31 (quad-core mobile application processor) features the dual-core SGX544 MP2. The Apple iPad 2 and iPhone 4S with the A5 SoC also feature a dual-core SGX543MP2. The iPad (3rd generation) A5X SoC features the quad-core SGX543MP4.[9] The iPhone 5 A6 SoC features the tri-core SGX543MP3. The iPad (4th generation) A6X SoC features the quad-core SGX554MP4. The Exynos variant of the Samsung Galaxy S4 sports the tri-core SGX544MP3 clocked at 533 MHz
So, a 3x3" board that cost $149 in quantities of one. The GPU could be re-purposed as a PPU. As they [used to] say on Slashdot "Imagine a Beowulf cluster of those!"
[relevant links in original]

There is more there about OpenVDB support in current versions of Blender, which has animation capability.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread