Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Fossil Fuel Free
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2010, 04:09 PM   #21 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

I feel your frustrations, Ben.

I teach at a college and last year when we finally moved to a new, all singing, all dancing, high tech, energy saving, tree cuddling building I asked where the EV charging points were.
All I got back were perplexed looks. Apparently the whole concept of electric vehicles had been below the radar.

So, with college being a shade over 30 miles from home I have to design my vehicle to have a comfortable minimum 70 mile range.
I have been tempted to take a closer look at their forklift charging point to see if I could sneak in to use that but I have been 'advised' to leave well alone.

Given the low property prices where the college is it has also been suggested that it would be cheaper to buy a local garage parking space with power and I would get secure parking as well. Having said that, it would be cheaper to just buy a house there then pay for diesel for my current commute.

Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread

Tags
class, college, electric car, electro-metro, ev charging station, photovoltaic, school, solar