Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Aerodynamics
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2008, 11:54 PM   #11 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

90VX - '90 Honda Civic Std
90 day: 46.32 mpg (US)
In my opinion, that's the biggest problem with that series hatch, I have a 90, it looks out of proportion in the stock form, too much window. I've looked at mine and thought fleetingly about doing something like yours. I'm very envious. Nice work.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 08-25-2008, 03:50 AM   #12 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

The Methodist Church has sent representatives to talk to me about finishing the repairs on my house. We'll see what comes from that. For now I am living in a FEMA Trailer on my property. Probably about half of the population is better off now than before the storm. The rest of us will eventually get back to normal.
When the Dodge Magnum came out I had a lot of people telling me that someone else had built a car like mine. When I saw the Magnum for the first time I thought it did look like mine. But when you sit it the Magnum It's like sitting in a normal car. When you sit in my Civic it's really tight in there. You have to sit in a reclining position about a foot back from where the original seat was. I welded about a foot of tail pipe to the steering wheel to extend it back. The car has a lot of problems now, it needs a whole new engine, plus there are rust holes all over it, and a lot of electrical stuff is not working. I really don't look forward to all of the work but I had always planned on traveling with this car when I retired. I can not afford to travel unless I can get at least 50 mpg, so the Suzuki Aerio that I drive won't do. It gets between 25 and 30 mpg.
Old 08-25-2008, 11:47 AM   #13 (permalink)
I REFUSE!

VTEC Express - '96 Honda Civic CX
90 day: 57.72 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to thebrad
I'm willing to donate my D16Y7 (~215,000 miles) if you will pay the freight shipping.
Old 08-25-2008, 02:55 PM   #14 (permalink)
Interested Newbie

Silver Citroen Saxo - '02 Citroen Saxo 1.4i Furio
That a car bra on the front?
A cheapish mass produced option to cover up grills quickly, and protect from stone chips.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:07 PM   #15 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

The bra on the front was a bad Idea. I put it on there just because I liked the look. The front of the car was flawless, but with the bra everyone thought that I was hiding something. I paid $250 for it and the worst part is that when I got tired of it and removed it, it had already ruined my perfect paint job. I highly don't recomend bras for any purpose on any vehical. Everyone that I talk to about this story has a similar story. I don't know how so many cars have been ruined by bras, and yet still people buy them.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:40 PM   #16 (permalink)
Pokémoderator

1999 Saturn SW2 - '99 Saturn SW2 Wagon
Team Saturn
90 day: 40.49 mpg (US)
DeadAt40 -

Welcome to EM! That's my favorite-generation Civic Hatch. I love the chop-top look, what a natural! Hope everything works out so you can start the rebuild. I wonder if a VX drivetrain would fit? I think that's what SVOBoy has in his same-gen-as-yours CRX.

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? Go Here and find out!
American Solar Energy Society
Old 08-26-2008, 12:08 PM   #17 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

I have always LOVED chopped tops, yours looks great! I've come dangerously close to building a chop-top myself, but dam it's a lot of work. I even looked at two that were for sale, but didn't like the quality for the price (one was an unfinished hack job, the other was a finished car built in the 70's, good SoCal build but really needed to be completely re-done)

I know of several chop tops that have been started, but were never finished. Semi-common sight at the goodguys street rod swap meets :-)
Old 08-26-2008, 02:40 PM   #18 (permalink)
Interested Newbie

Silver Citroen Saxo - '02 Citroen Saxo 1.4i Furio
Yeah, if you got a swirl free finish it's not going to do you any favours, you need a spotlessly clean car, washed/clayed/polished/protected/washed to use any kind of car cover without damaging the paint.
Old 08-26-2008, 03:52 PM   #19 (permalink)
METROANNOSAURUS REX

The Mach .05 - '98 Chevy Metro LSi
90 day: 48.88 mpg (US)
Love the car! But I was curious if you had any pics of the car without all the funky magazine angles? Like maybe a straight shot of the side or angled a bit? I like to see an overall pic of a car before I zoom in for the details. Just my .02

Old 08-26-2008, 04:06 PM   #20 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

I have fallen into that trap myself. Once in my twenties I bit off more than I could chew with a 65 beatle that I chopped. Later I chopped a 88 Astro Van that was destroyed in the Huricane before I could complete it. Here is a photo of it on Picasa. I hope you can see it without some kind of Pass Word.

Reply  Post New Thread