Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2018, 09:49 PM   #1291 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,388 Times in 3,362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Darc View Post
Old cars drived by computers and droids.
Humans will be in majority living in a sort of Matrix (but without drain energy), by their own choice, to forget the cold horrible society. Matrix with women being man and man being women or man/women being dog or cats & dolphins destroying Dead Star, and the few ones out the Matrix will be home pets for the droids.

Then, the world will be finally saved from humans.
Kudos for making me LoL

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
I haven't seen Ready Player One yet, but that's the premise. At least partly.

sendler — We're already supporting 7 billion, if not well. Saharasia is 1/3 of the land surface and could use re-greening.

Seacrete lilly-pads could be filled with dredged sand and then a little [nano-particulate] clay and compost tea would produce even more arable acreage.
7 billion, living better than ever (longer and wealthier, anyhow). Way better. Of course Sendler will correctly point out that this is due to the finite fossil fuel gift, but I anticipate a gradual shift towards accommodating future human consumption. Perhaps partly by reduced human population, increased efficiency, and as you point out, continued innovation in turning relatively worthless land into worth-full land. Way easier to terraform the Earth than Mars.

Ready Player One is waiting for me on the Kindle, but I haven't run out of Jordan Peterson and his critics material yet.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-03-2018, 10:34 PM   #1292 (permalink)
Banned

With actual technology they can only extract of percentual of oil, and a good deal of it keep "locked" underground in the deeps. If they manage to create some technolgy with much better habilities to harvest more oil... they will extend a lot the fossil fuel reserves.

Old 04-03-2018, 10:58 PM   #1293 (permalink)
Banned

I checked the trailler now. Interesting...
At least women on future have no mustache. But the Oasis looked ugly, like a dark depressing nighclub. Media trying to push that what we need and dream it's more f... darkness.

King Kong, Iron Giant, Back to The Future time machine... But no USS Enterprise firing torpedos??? What a shame...

I bet many people, if really could get inti a virtual reality so realisty, would back to childhood to live something they missed. Most of people today would try to find a family they didn't had, good parents they didn't had, friends they didn't had. If... If they had sure it would be keep secrete.

Maybe a marginal outlaw would find a breastfeeding and a mother's lap he never had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
I haven't seen Ready Player One yet, but that's the premise. At least partly.

sendler — We're already supporting 7 billion, if not well. Saharasia is 1/3 of the land surface and could use re-greening.

Seacrete lilly-pads could be filled with dredged sand and then a little [nano-particulate] clay and compost tea would produce even more arable acreage.

Last edited by All Darc; 04-03-2018 at 11:07 PM..

Old 04-04-2018, 01:33 AM   #1294 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
A drug company which profit bilions with cronic disease for they have pattented drugs would have no interest in create a cure for the disease.
That's the beauty of competition and generics laws (you should read up on them).

The "patent" on drugs runs out quicker than it does on movies and music. Just 20 years.

8 of those years will involve research and clinical trials and whatnot.

So you only have a monopoly on those maintenance drugs for twelve years... after which any startup in China or India can start mass producing it for less than it costs you to print the packaging labels.

-

Then there are generic laws which allow you to research similar (but not identical) drugs and market them for the same conditions if you can demonstrate bio-equivalence. Major companies that do price-gouging have had to open up their own "generic" brands in some markets simply to keep market share.

-

And we're not even talking about competition yet. The first company to find a "cure for cancer" will be able to drive its competitors out of business.

If you think there is no profit in finding cures, then you don't know the industry... SARS, Bird Flu, Dengue, etcetera... there is BIG money to be had in being the first and only to have medicine for these conditions.

Do medical companies sometimes overprice their products? Hell yes. They gouge the hell out of rich patients in First World markets. Because that's the only way they'll make money back when they're forced to sell at a loss in poorer markets after spending billions on research and development.

The only way to prevent this? Have government pay for everything. From research and development to production. That way, we, as taxpayers, can contribute a huge chunk of our earnings to develop free gene therapies for the dozen or so people suffering from a rare genetic condition that they would otherwise have to pay a million dollars each for.

https://www.timesofmalta.com/article...erapies.674623

Research is not cheap. Like I said: Eight years, dozens of people on each team, tens of thousands of man-hours and laboratory time and the cost of equipment and etcetera. That money doesn't come out of thin air.

Quote:
When I say doctor, I do not refer to a f... paper or f... book of rules, but I refer to what happens in reality, the true events in day by day. What is the value of papers if they don't follow ther ethic code written into it???
I understood than in USA and Europe justice punish these people when they are catched. But in my country they go unpunished.
Again: That is not an issue with doctors per se, but an issue with the regulatory environment and law enforcement in your country.

Not all doctors are evil.

I owe my life... and then some... to the good will and charity of doctors.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to niky For This Useful Post:
redpoint5 (04-04-2018), Xist (04-04-2018)
Old 04-04-2018, 01:40 AM   #1295 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,575 Times in 7,061 Posts
The problem with oil is that it is created by deep, hot abiotic processes and is gradually squeezed up out of solid rock and pools in underground chambers.

When you tap it faster than it is replenished there has to be some belt tightening.

I'm pretty sure my favorite part of RPO will be the high-rise trailer park.

The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
redpoint5 (04-04-2018)
Old 04-04-2018, 02:58 AM   #1296 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Genetically engineer millenials with petroleum in their veins?

How many immunizations does the average human receive? According to this, Americans receive fourteen immunizations by age six. I have wondered how quickly this will increase. Someday will babies be vaccinated for a hundred different things?

Old 04-04-2018, 03:39 AM   #1297 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
Genetically engineer millenials with petroleum in their veins?

How many immunizations does the average human receive? According to this, Americans receive fourteen immunizations by age six. I have wondered how quickly this will increase. Someday will babies be vaccinated for a hundred different things?
You get more shots, but with fewer antigens.

We even have combination vaccines now that are more cost effective than older single target shots.

In the future, not everyone will be vaccinated for everything (as it is now, really)... no use doing mass immunization drives for diseases that don't exist in your country. And, if current drives have favorable results, certain vaccines will no longer be needed in mass quantities (we've almost finished off polio, for instance).

Sucks that anti-vaxxer ideology is so pervasive in the US... it's pretty obvious these idiots are too young to remember smallpox.

The Following User Says Thank You to niky For This Useful Post:
Xist (04-04-2018)
Old 04-04-2018, 12:55 PM   #1298 (permalink)
Banned

In my country they vaccined a lot people on city, against yellow fever, but there was no case of yellow fever in any urban area, just in country distant place with some variety of wild mosquito. SOme children died. More children died than people on cities, since no case of yellow fever got on city was confirmed.

Wrong use of vaccines can be harmfull.

The vaccine against dengue fever have low succcess rate, just 60% or so, since dengue fever is caused by 4 virus variences. You need to get 4 virus infections to be completely naturally be protected against it.
And the worst is that if get dengue fever 1x time, there is low danger of hemooragic fever (danger possible fatal), but in a second or in a third time, the risk to get hemorragic fever rises a lot.
Guess what, the s... vaccine works in the same way like the virus, if you take a vaccine shot without had got dangue fever of any kind, the risk of you get a hemorragic fever reaction, if you get infected by dengue virus, it's higher if you had took the vaccine before.

Conclusion, the vaccine against dengue fever took money, years, and it's a garbage, since have very low efficience (60% or less) and can help people get hemorragic fever reaction. It can kill more than can save, since dengue fever without hemorragic fever rarely kills, and dengue fever with hemmorragic fever reaction can easily kill someone.

Last edited by All Darc; 04-04-2018 at 01:06 PM..

Old 04-04-2018, 07:40 PM   #1299 (permalink)
...beats walking...

Thanked 1,525 Times in 1,126 Posts
ANALOGY: Oil is like land/property, they (Mother Nature & Father Time) aren't making it any more.

Old 04-04-2018, 08:13 PM   #1300 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,575 Times in 7,061 Posts
Analogies fail. In this case because oil is being created right now, just geologically slowly at great depth in the Earth's crust.

And 50 tons of star-dust falls on the Earth each year. 30% will add to the land.

Hope This Helps

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Tags
lies, opinion, reality, scam