Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Hypermiling / EcoDriver's Ed
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2012, 10:28 AM   #91 (permalink)
The Dirty330 Modder

CruzeRS - '15 Chevy Cruze LT RS
90 day: 41.29 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Hooligan View Post
So if I understand correctly - I need to be using the TC when accelerating. How do I know if I'm using the TC under acceleration? I try not to push the RPMs over 2500when accelerating thinking that is generally better for FE. I haven't read up on pulse and glide techniques, I'll search for a thread or if you can offer one that would be helpful. I don't know what DFCO is either. I know what a metric cresent wrench is but I'm a bit of a nube with this ecco stuff. Appreciate your help.

Oh another thought. In my 2010 Matrix,is the fuel really shutting off when I coast in gear? I'm under the general assumtion that it is. The SG reads 9999 so I thinking it is detecting the fuel is shut off during this time.

Too many questions LOL
when your using the torque converter your auto trans car will be acting like a manual when accelerating as the rpms will equally climb with your speed as far as when your in it or how to do it, i feel its one of those things where you just no it but cant explain it. Normally on 45-63mph i got from 1700 to 2200 rpms slowly climbing. when using the TC also you can put much higher engine loads allowing you to speed up quicker.

DFCO = deceleration fuel cut off
as in the fuel is cut to the injectors when coasting in gear this would be when your SG is reading 9999

As far as a thread for p&g for autos are harder to find but basically you speed up to a desired speed and then coast down to a lower speed whether in gear or neutral whatever you find is better for your car.

EX. i speed up to 63mph then coast in gear down to 45(where my DFCO doesnt work below this and my tranny shifts to N automatically for a double whammy) then speed back up to 63 using the TC. repeat repeat repeat.

"The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing."
- Henry Ford
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread